Chapter 6: Open field hunting

3rd Person P.O.V. 

We open up in the rustic-styled town of Urbus, which is on the 2nd floor of Aincrad. In which stood a focused Y/n. He was looking at the floating keyboard in front of him, currently trying to figure out what he should write on the Teleport Gate of the town since he was the first one to find it. Not to mention it was like a small ritual for him to do this.

Y/n: 'Should I write the same thing I did in the Tolbana teleport gate? Hmmm... No, too repetitive...' Y/n continued to look at his menu in deep thought. Ignoring the very few players that passed by whilst giving him a strange look, and in being too engrossed with his business he hadn't noticed a particular player approach him.

Agil: "You doin' good there? U/n was it?" Agil had suddenly spoken up from behind Y/n, knocking him out of his train of thought, then turning around.

Y/n: "Huh? Oh, it's you Agil..." He said, giving Agil a small wave "Yeah I'm fine, just in a small slump..." 

Agil: "What's wrong? Something with some Mob or monster drop?" Agil asked as he now stood next to Y/n, looking at his menu "Huh?"

*Please write the engraving you wish to place*

Agil: 'He's in a slump because he can't figure out what to write!?' Agil thought with a sweatdrop and a puzzled expression.

Y/n continued to hum in thought, looking at his menu intently and with focus, Agil on the other hand, he nervously waited for the younger player to finish with his business before asking what he was her for.

Y/n: "Hmmm..." Y/n's humming continued.

Agil: "..." Agil stood silently as he watched other players walk by, rubbing the back of his head.

Y/n: "Hmmmm..." Y/n hummed once more, this time a bit more loudly.

Agil: "..." Agil just looked at him, completely and utterly stupefied.

Y/n: "HMMMMMMMMMMM! Ah-!" Y/n, with a happy expression, raised a finger in realization, Agil relaxed, sighing in relief that Y/n seemed to have figured out what he wanted to write on the teleport gate.

Y/n: "Nah, that's too dumb..." Y/n muttered to himself as Agil fell back in shock at Y/n's indecisiveness. 

Agil: "C-could we speed this up a little. I needed to ask you something and I don't want to keep my party waiting out in the field too long..."

Y/n looked at Agil for a moment, a curious look on his face soon turning into a sly and mischievous grin, which didn't go unnoticed by the ax-wielding player.

Agil: 'I just gave him the chance to annoy me for a moment, didn't I?' He thought as he began to sweat even more.

Y/n: "Hmm-" Y/n started to hum again, much to the dismay of Agil, but he suddenly cut himself off before the other player could complain "Sure, no problem Agil! Give me a sec" Y/n then proceeded to quickly type out the sentence he wanted to engrave onto the stone.

Agil sighed in relief, wiping away the small amount of sweat from his forehead. 

Agil: 'Argo wasn't kidding. He really does takes any opportunity to mess with people'

Agil looked at Y/n as he finished typing the message. The teleport gate shinned for a brief moment, as the letter slowly carved themselves onto the stone slab. The light soon dimmed, showing what Y/n had decided to place. Y/n looked on with a proud smile and Agil simply stood by in awe.

Agil: 'So that's what that looks like... Let's see what he wrote...Hm?' Agil walked closer to inspect the gate, only to see something that left him dumbfounded once again.