- Chapter 1 -

"Hey!" He said walking to my side. I felt my face getting warm just by the sound of his voice. "What's up?" I replied. "Nothing. I just..." he paused. "Do you wanna hang out tonight? You can bring your friend and I'll bring mine." He waited for me to reply, "sure! I'll bring Valerie with me. And the friend you're talking about, Angelo?" I said. "Great! Yeah, I'll bring Angelo," he replied, I nodded, staring at his brownish, greenish eyes in silence. "See you later! I gotta go," he said, waving, breaking the silence just now. Just as he left I remember the day I first met him.

- - - - - - TWO WEEKS AGO - - - - - -

"Alright everyone, let's quiet down!" Ms. Rose yelled. There were twice as many students here today than usual, half were seniors and the rest were juniors. "I think y'all are wondering why we have seniors in class today," she said, continuing on. "I'm going to partner you juniors up with a senior. Then you are going to have to paint your senior partner. This is for the yearbook this year so do your best! I don't have an exact due date but it'll be due before the school year ends," I thought this seemed interesting. This is the first year we are doing this. After a couple of people she finally got to my name, "Violet Diaz you're with Zian Romano, Valerie Reyes you are with Angelo Santiago," she said, then continuing on with the rest. When we all got our partners' names, we had to meet up with them and make plans for the project. Surprisingly my partner and Valerie's partner were friends. It was easy to meet up with them.

"Which one of you is Valerie?" Asked one of the boys I've seen in the basketball team. "That's me. If you're asking, then you're Angelo," Valerie replied. "That's me darling," Angelo replied, Valerie walked up to him and stomped on his foot. "Don't flirt with me," she says. I look at the guy next to him, "you are?" I asked. "Zian," he replied. "Great! I'm Violet. Your partner," he nodded as a response. "When are we going to do this?" Angelo asked. "Violet, can we do it at your place?" Valerie asked. "Why? You have the materials too," I replied, knowing I'm going to say yes in the end. "Yeah but, your art place is cleaner than mine," she replied, smiling like an angel, all bright and cheerful. "Sure," I said, rolling my eyes. "Do any of you know how to drive?" I asked the boys. "Yeah. We both do but, I didn't bring my car today," Angelo replied. "I have my car today," Zian added into the conversation. "Alrighty! Let's meet at the front of the school after school. I'll send you the address, later" I said, just before the bell rang.

"Sup?" I said, walking up to the boys with Valerie. "Nothing interesting," Angelo replied. "So what's the address?" Zian asked. "Do you have social media or what's your number?" I asked him. "My insta is zianxromano, why?" He asked. "Alright. Thank you. I just sent you the address," I said, smiling. "Alright! Let's go!" Valerie said. We got into Zian's car. It was clean and nice. It smells a bit of lavender, with a mix of the boys' cologne. It wasn't a bad mix, it actually smelled good. It took us almost 20 minutes to get to my house. My parents were at work so we didn't see them. I was alone at home with all my animals most of the time. I took them straight to my art space which I call my "Maker Space". Valerie and I gathered our paint supplies and colors. We looked at the boys and took pictures on our phones from different angles. They thought it was weird. We had fun. They stayed until 12am. It was dark so I let the guys stay at the guest room and Valerie stayed with me. My parents texted me a while ago saying they won't make it home. So, letting the boys stay over for the night was ok.

- - - - - - PRESENT TIME - - - - - -

"That day was a very special day," I muttered to myself. We connected a lot and got to know each other. It was the day we all became friends. And it was one of the best things in my life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An: Update!! We update our book very slowly. We are both busy with school, which matters to us so this takes a while. But we do try! Thank you for reading!! ~♡︎ J&F