- Chapter 40 -

~ A week later ~
- - - - - - Valerie's POV - - - - - -

"Her birthday is in a couple of days!" I said to everyone. When I mean everyone, I mean everyone we are inviting to the party. Vi's parents, my parents, Zian's parents, Angelo's parents, Vi's brother and his family in France, Vi's siblings in Korea, grandparents, closest cousins, closest family friends, we even got Ken's parents and Mél's mom here. We also invited Ariana and her little sister and mom. Only because Vi mentioned she talk to her a couple of times. And they became friends. "It's a formal party, Vi's dress is ready. Does everyone have something to wear?" I ask. They all nodded. This is Violet's debut we are talking about. For filipinos its a pretty big thing for us. We planned so many things for her birthday.

~ Day of Violet's birthday ~
- - - - - - Violet's POV - - - - - -

"Happy birthday baby. I love you so much. I'm very lucky to have you. You are amazing, pretty, kind, sweet, and my person," Zian said as I was waking up. My head was on his chest. "Thank you babe. I love you too," I replied, sleepy but happy. I pecked his lip. When I pulled away, he pulled closer to him. He kissed me. Each second, deepening our kiss. And I let him. We stop when we hear a knock on my door.

"Come in," I said. Trying not to sound breathless. "Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy birthday, Happy Birthday! Happy birthday to you!" Everyone sang, coming into my room with my favorite flavor cake. CHOCOLATE! I made my wish and blew the candle. "Thank you everyone!" I said.

"Everyone out!! Except Mél. We are taking Vi for the day," Val said. Alright. I would rather spend my brithday with my family, friends, and boyfriend but if its only for the day its fine.

The girls took me shopping. They didn't let me pay for anything. I know for sure the cards they use weren't theres. I limit myself to a budget when using someone else's money. They took me the hair salon, got my nails done, and make up too. There were three cards being used. THREE DIFFERENT CARDS. "Whose cards are those?" I ask Val and Mél. "We'll tell you but you have to shop more," Val said. I sigh, "alright." "Your boyfriend, your parents, and your siblings joint account for you," Mél said. "What! I'm ok with my parents but Zian and my siblings. Stop using their cards," I told them. They ignored me. I gave up after a while. They then dressed me intl a beautiful gown. I thought I was just trying in on but I had to keep it on. I feel like I'm being controlled on my own birthday. Mél and Val got intk a dress too. Which I was glad about. I thought I'd be alone.

We were finally done

We were finally done. Joshua picked us up from the mall. He is dress all fancy. Black suite with a dark blue tie. He drove us to my family's house in Cebu. A few minutes away from Val's house. "SURPISE!" Everyone yelled when I came into a dark room. "Happy birthday Tata!" Andre said, running towards me. OMG he looks so cute in a suite. "Happy Birthday little sis," all three of my siblings said, walking towards me. "I can't believe you're all here," I said. "Why are you guys here? And how?"

"That's for us to know and for you to find out," Kuya Vincent said. I rolled my eyes with his respond and hugged them. Val came over snd led me to the table I was sitting. Everyone had done so much here for me. They planned 18 roses. Which I am excited for. My dad started it off. Then my Lolo, he greeted me. Then my 할아버지 (grandpa in Korean). Then three of my uncles went. I danced with Val's dad, Joshua, Val's brother, and three of my cousins. Kuya Victor and Kuya Vincent dance with me. Andre too. He struggled but it was cute. Then Angelo. He was a pretty alright dancer. I will tell Val about it.

"Happy Birthday Vi," Ken said. It was his turn. "Thank you," I replied with a smile. "About my feelings for you. I've let them go," he said. "I'm glad. I don't want you to get hurt Ken. You are very special to me. I don't want our years of friendship to be thrown away," I said. "I think Mél has something to do with your feelings. You are just starting it but you'll realize it soon. Everyone notices it already." He stayed silence. "Just follow your heart. Whatever your heart is calling for, go for it." "Thanks Vi. I'm so lucky to have you in my life. And maybe I haven't realize what I'm feeling. Maybe," he said. His time was up. My last dance is with Zian.

"Hey babe," he said, handing me the 18th rose. "Hi," I replied. "How was your day?" He asked me. "I miss you." "I miss you too. My day was good. Why did you give Mél and Val your card?" "I didn't know what you wanted for your birthday so I gave them my card to pay for whatever you are buying," he tells me. "KISS! KISS! KISS! KISS! KISS!" Everyone chanted when I was about to speak. I blushed. Zian just hugged me, knowing how much I'm blushing right now. I pulled from the hug and pecked a kiss on his lip. And I smile at him.

I love this boy right here in front of me. He is precious and loving. I'm lucky to have him. Who knew an art could be CUPID? I didn't.

~ THE END ~