- Chapter 9 -

~KENNETHS POV~

I've been back in California for almost a week now. I went to the city. Got myself into school. And adjusted to the time zone. Now here I am right in front of Violet's house. I took a deep breath and walked to the front gate. I had texted Mrs. Diaz the day before to inform her I'll be coming soon. My mom had arranged for me to stay at Diaz for now. Mrs. Diaz had sent me the code to the gate but she forgot that she still had a front door. I entered the code and rang the doorbell. My palms were sweating. I don't know why. Am I nervous? Am I scared? Am I excited?

"Who is it?" I heard a familiar voice ask as she opened the door. I gave her a big smile when she opened the door enough to see me clearly. "Annyeonghaseyo!" I greet her. "KEN!" she said. As soon as she said my name I heard someone walking. "Kenneth?" a male voice asked. "Mr. Diaz," I say bowing down to greet him. "Well? Are you coming in?" Mr. Diaz said, taking my stuff inside. "It's so nice to see you again Ken. You don't know how much the girls have miss you," Mrs. Diaz said. "Why don't you settle in and I'll call Violet," Ms. Diaz tells me. Ding! The doorbell sounded different from the one I rang. "Someone's at the gate. Hold on Ken," she says walking out the unclosed door. I followed her. "Who are you?" she asked. "Uhh...Does Violet Diaz live here or near here by any chance?" a boy who looks my age asks. "Who the hell are you?" I asked. "Just a classmate, so do you?" "My daughter never mentioned you. Anyways, come in. I'll let my daughter decide what to do with you." He did as he was told. "Ken, why don't you check out your room. I'll call Vi," she said. "It's fine. I've been here multiple times. I still remember the place," I replied. "And you, what's your name?" "Oliver ma'am," he answered, as I sat on the couch. Oliver was going to do the same but Mrs. Diaz stopped him. "Please stay standing, young man," she says to him. He did as he was told. "Well..You have two visitors so come home right now," she said on the phone with Violet. "Now Violet Hana Diaz! And please bring Valerie with you." I don't know what Violet said to her mom but she said Violet's name in a stern voice, making THE face moms would make when they're mad.

- - - - - - 30 MINUTES LATER - - - - - -
Violets POV

I got out of the car and opened the gate. The front door was open to me and I saw...Kenneth? Oliver? "Hey" Kenneth turned to me. I haven't heard his voice since he left for Japan ''H..Hi" I stuttered in shock. I saw Valerie's jaw was left open as she put the last of her California roll in her mouth. I looked at the boy my mother was glaring at, "Hello? We have a project to finish" Oliver stood there with his cigarette dangling down "No smoking in my house young boy" My mom took the cigarette and threw it out the front door. "Come on let's go to my room" I said looking down they both followed, Valerie was still left shocked. But she followed after.

"Ken? I-um...It's uhh-so nice to see you," I said, giving him an awkward hug. "Vi you don't have to be so awkward around me." "I know. Sorry. I haven't seen you in almost 2 years," I said, then looked at Oliver. "What the hell do you think you're doing here Oliver?" I asked. "As I told you, the project." "That project you're talking about has been done. You weren't at school the day I presented it," I say. "So what's the actual reason?" "I just-" "Whatever the reason is Oliver, we won't care. Just get the hell out of here," Valerie said, cutting him off. I saw Kenneth with a smirk. You are both over protective, I thought. Oliver was hesitating to leave. "Papa! Ayaw nya po umalis (He doesn't want to leave)," I yelled from my room. Before I knew it Papa was standing in front of my bedroom door. Oliver followed Papa down the stairs.

"Kenny!" Valerie yelled, going for a hug. "Vally!" Ken replied open for the hug. "At least this wasn't an awkward hug," Ken says looking at me. "I-I'm- Sorry! Really!" I say. Opening my arm to join the hug. "GROUP HUG!" Valerie says.

"Anything new in any of your lives?" Ken asked. "Not really, we're friends with these two seniors at school," Valerie answered. "Ohh. I'm not replaced. Am I?" "Ken, you're irreplaceable. What school will you be going to?" I say, adding into the conversation. "I took care of everything before coming here. I'll be going to your school." "That's great! You can meet our friends," Valerie says. After that it was just a silence. Ken decided to go up to his room, Valerie and I were left. "I'm glad nothing is awkward between you and Kenneth. You haven't talked to him since you guys called it quit," she says. "Me too. Yeah, I haven't. And you haven't either...How do you think he'll react to Zian?" I asked her. "I don't know. Growing up with him, he has always been protective of us," she answered. I smiled, "you're right," knowing what Valerie might be thinking. "Valerie," my mom says. "Ne (yes)," she replied. "I called your mom. She said you can stay over." "Thank you Imo (aunt)!" "It's no problem. You guys should catch up. And why don't you guys introduce Kenneth to your new friends?" "We will Eomma. Just for now we want to catch up with each other," I say.

We stayed up till 3am catching up with each other. Ken told us stuff that happened to him in Japan and we told him things that happened here. Well, maybe not entirely everything. We mentioned Zian and Angelo but we didn't mention too many details in our conversation. We planned to hang out tomorrow. Just us 3. Just as a "Trio" that we were before.