Chapter 9

Riley's POV

Once I got home I put my bags upstairs in my room and FaceTimed Mik. "Hey." She answered.

"So why did you change the subject in the car when I said that at least we don't have to see him anymore?" I questioned.

"Um, actually . . ." Mikayla trailed off.

"Um, actually . . . what?" I asked, aggravated.

"I, um, exchanged numbers with Hayes and told him to hang out with us. And I think he might. But I also think that he thinks he will just be hanging out with me." She explained.

"Well, are you ready to have the two people you're hanging out with at each other's throats the whole time?" I asked with a bit of attitude.

"Can you please just work it out with him?" Mik questioned.

"No." I deadpanned.

"Please. We're hanging out with him tomorrow." She begged.

"Well have fun. 'Cause I'm not going." I said.

"You don't have to talk to him!" Mikayla bargained.

"Let me think, um, no!" I replied.

"We'll get some fro-yo." She added.

"Oo! Fro-yo! Yes! No! Yes! No! Fine." I argued with myself.

"Great." She smiled. We talked for a little while longer and hung up about an hour later. I rolled up off my bed and got into my pyjamas which was a black tank top that said Zzz all day and black and white striped shorts.

I crept downstairs because my parents were sleeping. I slowly opened the cupboard below the sink and grabbed our popcorn machine. I plugged it in and grabbed the oil, popcorn kernels, and popcorn salt. I set it all on the counter beside the machine. Once it was ready I put the oil, kernels, and salt in. A few minutes later I had the type of popcorn you buy at the theatre. I put it in a bowl and tiptoed back upstairs.

I set it on my nightstand and crawled onto my bed. I turned on my tv and clicked on Netflix. I clicked on Pretty Little Liars and resumed watching from where I left off. "Come here Gracie." I patted my bed waiting for my English bulldog puppy to come to my bedside.
She made her way over and I put the popcorn on my nightstand. I lifted her up onto my bed and set her on my lap. She laid down and went to sleep. "You're right. I should go to sleep. But, I'm not." I told Gracie. She opened her eyes, looked at me, yawned, and went back to sleep.

I stayed up until 4am watching PLL. "Okay. Now I'll go to bed." I yawned. I plugged my phone in, moved Gracie over, and crawled underneath my blanket. I grabbed my phone and scrolled through Instagram. I decided to take a picture so I brought Gracie closer to me and snapped a picture of us. I captioned it: "Late night with my girly 🐶" I exited off Instagram and went to bed, cuddling Gracie.

•6 hours later•

"Get up!" A voice screamed at me.

"Nooo." I groaned.

"It's 10 o'clock. Get your ass up." I realized that voice belonged to the one and only Mikayla.

"You'll have to pry my cold, dead hands from my bed." I challenged.

"I accept that challenge." She smiled. I heard her shuffle to the end of my bed so I grabbed onto my headboard. "Come, on!" Mik grunted pulling my feet.

"Never!" I shouted.

"Okay. You win." She caved. She set down my feet, still holding on, but I could tell she was done.