Chapter 15

Riley's POV

I heard rocks being thrown at my window. "Ugh." I groaned and rolled over, hoping it would stop. Nope. I got up and lazily walked over to my window. I looked and seen it was Mikayla. I opened the window and yelled at her. "Let me sleep!" I said cranky.

"It's my birthday! I am now 15!" She screamed.

"Shut up!" I whisper yelled. "You're going to wake the whole city!"

"I don't care. It's my birthday, and I'm going to celebrate!" She sassily remarked. I smiled and rolled my eyes. "So get ready! We're hitting up all my favourite places!" She said happily.

I felt bad to break her spirit. "I can't." I hesitated.

"Of course you can!" She assured me.

"No, I can't." I protested.

"Why not?" Mikayla asked depressed.

"I already promised someone I would do what I have to do today and I can't cancel. I'm sorry. Maybe later? Around 8?" I teetered at the window.

"Yeah, sure." She weakly smiled.

"If I finish early I'll call you." I replied.

"Okay." She looked down and left.

I decided to stay in my pyjamas and just get changed for Mik's party later. I ate breakfast then biked over to Cameron's to get ready for the party. "You're late." Hayes called as I marched through the door.

"Yeah, well, I had to blow Mikayla off. And that was hard." I told them.

"Okay. Let's start on the food. She likes . . ." I started.

*

"Okay, I'll go get the food." Cameron said. He grabbed his keys and left.

"Okay and for decorations . . ." I stated.

*

"I'll get the decorations." Nash responded as I was sitting there. He also grabbed his keys and left. So it was just Hayes, Jessica, and I in the house. Jessica was still sleeping.

"How are you and Aria?" I asked Hayes.

"Well, we're not even dating yet." He told me.

"Oh, so you're just in 'likes' then?" I smiled.

"Yeah, like you and Jayden." He exclaimed. "Why aren't you two even dating, you guys obviously like each other."

"I don't know. I hope he eventually asks me." I told Hayes.

"Why don't you ask him?" He questioned.

"I'm scared." I shrugged.

"Of what? Rejection? Because that's not going to happen!" Hayes assured me.

"But what if I want a relationship but he doesn't? Then it's awkward." I added.

"Sometimes you have to take risks. And if you get rejected, which I know won't happen, but if you do, just shake it off, because you know he likes you." Hayes said.

"Thanks." I smiled. "That was actually really nice of you. So when are you going to ask Aria?" I questioned.

"Tonight maybe. " He replied.

"You two are weird. Like you barely know each other but you'll soon be dating." I explained.

"Yeah, but I like her. And I'll get to know her even more if we date. Even if we don't I'll still get to know her." Hayes looked at me.