Epilogue

Hayes's POV

*5 hours later*

The whole plane ride I had my mind on Riley and the gang. I was missing them already. But I also had missed my family while I was away.

I scrolled through Instagram while I waited for my bags to come around. I seen Nash had tagged me in a post about this summer. It was all of us at the fair. I liked it as I smiled to myself. Looking at the picture of all of us brought the memories back.

Finally, after for what seemed like half an hour my bags finally came around. I grabbed them and headed out to meet my parents. My mom came running up once she seen me and held her arms out wide, embracing me in a warm hug. "I missed you so much!" She cried, tears welling up in her eyes. "How was California?"

"Amazing. I had lots of fun." I told her. I walked towards my dad and gave him a quick hug.

"Hope you're not too out of shape to start football."

"Never." I smiled. It felt good to be back home in North Carolina. I felt someone tugging at my jacket. I looked down to see Skylynn standing beside me with her hip popped out and arms folded across her chest.

"Did you forget about somebody?"

"Never! How could I forget about my favourite sibling!" I chuckled and kneeled down to hug her.

"I missed you. Don't ever leave me again." She whispered to me.

"I missed you too, and don't worry, I won't be leaving anytime soon."

Riley's POV

Going home felt so empty. Loneliness filled the air as I listened to music on my phone and stared out the window. It started raining cats and dogs as Cameron pulled into my driveway. "You gonna be okay?" Cameron asked as I opened the door.

"I will be." I sniffled back and got out. I ran inside, struggling to unlock the door, tears mixed with rain blurred my vision.

I collapsed on the couch in a heap, my tears soaking into the couch. I laid like that for about an hour or two, before I collected myself together enough to make my way to my room.

I heard a door close and someone quietly creeping up the stairs, stopping at my room. "Ri? Are you in here?" It was Mikayla. My response was a combination of groans and sniffles.

She opened the door and sat on my bed. "Oh, Ri. It's going to be okay, you'll see him sooner than you think. I promise." That made me cry harder. "I'm so sorry, Riles. But trust me, God did this for a reason. This is going to make you stronger and your relationship with Hayes when he returns will be so strong that you won't believe it."

I popped my head up, "but that's the thing. I don't know if I want there to be another us.

________________________________

That's it! That's the end!