The Visit.

"If you choose to lock your heart away, you'll lose it for certain."

― Jack Sparrow

I sat with my legs dangling off the crow's nest and gazed up at the stars, they were so far away. I lifted my rum bottle to my lips, "Devils and black sheep and really bad eggs," I mumbled before drinking the brown liquid. A shiver of satisfaction ran through me, I truly was a great pirate.

  I was so lost in stargazing that I nearly didn't notice a drunk Jack stumble from his cabin going for more rum. I scrambled down the rigging to go with him to stop him from drinking. I followed him below deck, down a couple of flights of stairs and into the room piled high with rum. He closed the door so I leant against it. Just as I was about to walk away I heard a voice, "Times run out Jack," The ship creaked ominously, "Bootstrap." Jack said he said something after that as well but I couldn't make it out. It can't be, bootstrap is dead, tied to a canon by his bootstraps. Barbossa and his evil crew left him at the bottom of the ocean. "You look good Jack," He said quietly, I leaned further into the door to hear better. "Is this a dream?" Jack asked I almost laughed, "No," Bootstrap said, Jack voiced my thoughts, "I thought not. If it were, there'd be rum,"

"You got the pearl back I see," Bootstrap continued. "I had some help retrieving the pearl by the way. Your children. You only had one child though did you not?" Jack spoke "William?" Bootstrap questioned, "He ended up a pirate after all, What of Samantha my daughter?" Does she remember me? "She is on board this very ship, quite the pretty lass." I blushed at the compliment, "She shouldn't be here. Promise me you will give her this letter." Bootstrap said. "Aye. And to what do I owe the pleasure of your carbuncle?" Jack asked. "He sent me, Davy Jones." My blood ran cold, davy jones, the most feared immortal pirate since before Barbossa. What could davy jones possibly want with Jack? What had he gotten himself into? "So it is you then, he shanghaied you into service, eh?" Jack finally spoke, my father was a cursed crewman of the flying dutchman? He couldn't be "I chose it. I'm sorry for the part I played in the mutiny against you Jack. I stood up for you. Everything went wrong after that. They strapped me to a cannon. I ended up on the bottom of the ocean, the weight of the water crushing down on me. Unable to move, Unable to die, Jack. I thought that even with the tiniest hope of escaping this fate, I would take it. I would trade anything for it." There was a pause then Jack spoke, "It's funny what a man will do to forestall his final judgement." 

"You made a deal with him too, Jack. He raised the pearl from the depths for you. Thirteen years, you've been her captain." Jack interrupted "Technically..." but then he was cut off by my father. "Jack. you won't be able to talk yourself out of this. The terms what applied to me apply to you as well. One soul bound to crew 100 years on his ship." He said hurriedly. "Since the flying dutchman already has a captain..." Jack was interrupted again "Then It's the locker for you!" My father raised his voice "Jones's terrible leviathan will find you and drag the pearl back to the depths and you along with it" He threatened "any idea when jones might be releasing said terrible beastie?" Jack asked. The Kraken was after Jack, I started to feel sick. "I already told you, Jack, your time is up. It comes now, drawn with ravenous hunger to the man who bears the black spot." I almost shrieked. The black spot. That was bad, so bad.

I sprinted back up to the main deck as I could tell the conversation was over. I ran over to the rail pretending to look over the side out to the horizon. "On deck all hands! Make fast the bunt gasket! On deck! Scurry! Scurry! I want movement! Movement! I want Movement! Lift the skin up! Keep your loof! Haul those sheets! Run them! Keep running! Run as if the devil himself and itself is upon us!" Jack screamed causing the men to wake up and run about the deck, "Do we have a heading?" I asked Jack. "Ahh. ohh. Run! Land." He shouted I agreed "Aye Jack!" I said running towards the wheel. "Which port?" Gibbs asked "He didn't say port! He said "land" any land!" I shouted. "Listen to her!" Jack pointed at me. The monkey swung over taking Jacks hat and throwing it overboard. "Jack's hat! Bring her about," commanded Gibbs "No, no. leave it." we all looked at him as if he were mad, him? Leave his hat? "You heard the man! Leave it!" I shouted at them "Run!" Jack stumbled off. I walked over to the stairs looking towards Jack. "Jack I need to speak with you," I said as calmly as I could. The Gibbs walked up "Jack. For the love of mother and child, Jack, what's coming after us?" 

"Nothing" He denied. "Bull," I said grabbing Jack's left arm dragging him to his cabin to talk. "Jack I know what's coming after us."I said, "Nothing, nothing's after us." Jack said. "Show me your hand," I said, he held out his right hand and I looked at him pointedly he held out his left hand. I pulled off the cloth," I knew it." the black spot sat in the middle of his hand. The very thing drawing the Kraken to us. We were all as good as dead. 

"Jack this isn't good," I stated "Aye, that it isn't that is why me and you-" he coughed "the crew must get to land to guarantee our safety."he finished "we need to get the crew safety too not just ourselves," I defended. "We will find you another hat," I said giving him one last glance before walking out and shouting orders to the crew. 

I heard Gibbs talking. "Jack and Sam have been acting strange lately." Marty gave him a look and added "Er." "somethings got them two vexed, and believe me what bodes ill for them two bodes ill for us all," he finished walking away from the railing.

 It didn't take long for us to find land, a small sandy island. We tied up the pearl and made our way inland, we saw a small chord and followed it wondering where it would lead to. "Jack why must we be on land?" Gibbs kept asking but was only ignored. I caught up with Jack, " You need to tell them at some point," I muttered "opportune moment," he muttered back careful to not let Gibbs hear. I was pulled up suddenly and a group of natives appeared around us melting from the trees and foliage. I drew my sword thrusting it at them, causing them to only look at me. The last thing I remember before I blacked out was 5 small pin pricks in my back. 

word count: 1224

Hi!!!!! 

Finally I have finished this chapter believe it or not  it took so long!