Happy, Crazy, Kids

In the Afterlight continuation....disclaimer:I don't own any of these characters nor the words"happy, crazy, normal kids."

"Hey Gem. How ya' holdin' up?"
I couldn't breathe. The blond-haired boy was walking down a dark hallway, his own light emanating off him.
"Gem? You ok?"
That got me breathing; hard.
"Don't call me that. I don't know you! Get away from me!" And I started running down that black hallway, the only light coming from the boy. I ran, but I didn't move. Why couldn't I move?!
"Gem, listen to me. Gem! It's me! Cole."
I turned around slowly, still trying to back away.
"No. No, Cole died. He was shot in the neck; burned!"
"You really think a Red could burn? I did get shot, but it was just a graze. That picture had more blood than the amount I lost."
"No. No, this isn't real! No!" And I broke down, onto my knees, head between my legs. I sobbed. And sobbed, and sobbed, and sobbed. Cole knelt down and put his hand on my shoulder, but I tried to pull away. This wasn't real!
And then, I was sobbing again. But this time, I wasn't on the floor in a hallway. I was in a bed, shaking, sobbing, with a blond-haired boy putting his hand on my shoulder.
"No. No! No! This isn't real, this isn't real!"
"Darlin', it's real. I'm real. And I'm here, and you're ok. Hey, Ruby. You're ok." It was Liam. Liam was ok. Liam was by me. Liam was by me in bed?
"Liam, what are you doing here? Where exactly am I?"
"You're at the hotel. You're parents heard you but couldn't wake you, so they called me down from my room."
I looked at Liam, long and hard, wrapped one of my arms around him, and kissed him. And the only moment that we stopped was for Liam to shout, "She's alright," to my parents. The door ended up closed, and Liam ended up by my side. And then it was just us. Lying there, breathing each other in, forgetting the rest of our troubles, and being happy, crazy, normal kids.