Chida

It had just turned dark, the sun smudged against the horizon like those bad erasers at the end of your pencils. I was struggling to see even ten feet in front of me. Why did Vida decide that I should be driving? Was she insane?
I kept driving; driving, driving, driving.
I kept glancing at the clock. 8...10...1...
My eyes were burning by this time. Why couldn't Vida try taking a turn? Oh, right, she's too good to drive! Ugh.
Finally, seeing no other cars in sight, I pulled over to the side of the endless highway.
"What the fuck do you think you're doing, boo? Keep fucking driving!" I glared at her.
"I will not keep fucking driving! I've been driving for hours! Why don't you take a turn? My eyes are burning from straining them, and it's almost two in the morning! So shut up, and let me sleep!" I put my foot, shakily, on the center console, and took the middle row for myself. I balled up a spare jacket and used it as a pillow, not willing to give up the jacket I was already wearing as a blanket. From the front seat, I heard Vida let out a resigned sigh.
"Sorry, boo. It's just...I'm nervous."
"You?! You're nervous?!"
"Fuck you Chubs! I'm just trying to be nice!" Chubs? Well, that was new. What happened to "boo? "

I turned on my side, facing the upholstery of the seats.  It didn't take very long for me to grow uncomfortable, breathing in my own breath. I turned back to my other side, facing the center console, when I heard teeth clattering. Is Vida-is she cold? Though I didn't want it to, my sympathy crawled out of my chest and onto my lips.
"Want to....I know...get warm?" Stupid. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Get warm? Idiot.
"W-What d-do you m-mean? I'm, I'm, p-perfectly f-fine!" she chattered. Damn my sympathy and medical instinct.
"You're going to literally freeze to death. Are you even wearing a jacket?"
"N-no." I made a mental face-palm.
"Come here."
"What?"
"Come here." She paused for a moment, and then stepped over the center console, coming into the little warmth of the middle row. I sat up on an elbow and declined the seats as far as they would go. I moved over a bit, making a bit of room for her.
"Come here. The closer we are, the warmer we'll be. Shared body heat and all, you know?" She snorted. We awkwardly adjusted to each other, our bodies tightly pressed together. Both of us were facing the center console, awkwardly trying not to spoon. We stayed like that for a while two minutes, before Vida turned over. She was within an inch of my lips, a breath away, and then, through the nervous tension, we kissed. We both stopped after a second, both of us surprised that we had kissed. And then I kissed her again, long, harder, all passion and no hate. We kissed, and kissed and kissed and kissed. I started to pull her shirt up, and she didn't fight me. No. Instead she started to take my jacket off. It continued like this, each of us removing an article of clothing, kissing each other, losing ourselves in each other's mouths. I moved from her mouth to her jaw, to her collar bone, and so on. She didn't stop me. She grabbed my hair and urged my on. We kissed and kissed. And at that last moment, before I even pushed, she stopped me.
"Condom," was all she said. Thank God Lee had found a place to get some on his last excursion. I quickly put it on and slipped into her. Tears struck her eyes, and, with no shame, she screamed, "Fuck!" I wanted to stop. I couldn't stand seeing her hurt like this, but she just wrapped he legs around my waist and urged me on. I began slowly, slowly, not wanting to her. I wanted to protect her, love her. She urged me on, on. So I went on. Soon we reached our high, and came crashing down, shivering from delight. The windows were foggy, but there was no one around to care. I kissed Vida, pulled out of her, and started to get dressed.
"What are you doing, boo?" I smirked.
"You shucks put clothes on, too. Don't want to see you freeze to death." We slowly put our clothes back on, staring at each other the entire time. Finally, we lay neck down, and I held Vida close. I kissed her, slowly, slowly, and she wrapped her arms around my neck. She snuggled into me, and I kissed her forehead. Why has it taken me so long to see her? Why only now? Was this a one night thing, or could it continue? No. No, I would make it last. I would protect, I would love her, I would make her mine. Where is this coming from, Team Reality said from the back of my mind. This is coming from me, Team Sanity replied. And I fully agreed with Team Sanity. I will do those things. I loved Vida, even if it had taken a while for me to realize.