10. Girlfriend?

CHAPTER TEN
GIRLFRIEND?

"Just tell the truth." Liam said loudly, getting angry as Thea kept denying what he knew to be true. He knew he wasn't going crazy and just imagining her scent wherever he went. "You saved us all, didn't you?"

"And why would I do that?" Thea asked blankly. "Because you are all my favourite people?"

"I wouldn't say we all needed saving, exactly." Stiles pouted. "We would've figured something out, no, no, we didn't need saving at all."

"We were unconscious, Stiles." Liam argued, now directing his annoyance at the human.

"No, of course you didn't need saving, Stiles. What was I thinking?" Thea scoffed, irritated, not able to catch herself before she revealed too much. "It's not like Monroe had a gun held to your head or anything."

It went silent and Thea mentally cursed herself for reacting to Stiles' words.

"What?" Stiles looked flabbergasted. "No, no, no way. There's no way that actually happened. Liam's just a little obsessed with you at the minute and can smell you everywhere he goes."

Liam was grinning, looking absolutely proud of himself and Scott just looked curious and intrigued.

"I knew it." Liam said happily. "You saved us."

"All right, little wolf." Thea groaned. "I followed you all and saved your asses before they could kill you all, is that what you wanted to hear? I'm not expecting you to thank me, or anything, we can just forget about it and I won't try and help again.

"How did you stop them all on your own?" Scott asked. "And how did you know where we were?"

"You all really need to stop having important conversations where anybody could overhear what you're saying." Thea told them. "Besides, I didn't say I did it alone."

One Week Ago...

"You really weren't kidding about still having weapons." Thea said, whistling as she took in the display looked up in an office in Nolan's house. "Monroe and Gerard gave you all of this?"

"My dad had a couple guns already, you know this is a big house and everything." Nolan looked embarrassed and uncomfortable. "A lot of people tried to break in when I was a kid."

"I probably would have, too." Thea said truthfully. "Come on, grab what you need and let's go."

Nolan had heard Liam and Scott talking outside the school the day before and he informed Thea that the pack were planning to ambush Monroe and her hunter's in the main base warehouse that she was using.

When Nolan was ready with the gun for Thea to use and the crossbow for himself, Thea drove them there and she listened in to what was happening inside. She could hear Monroe as she bragged to the hunter's she had with her.

Thea took the gun Nolan held out to her, using it as part of a distraction so they wouldn't be noticeable if they crossed paths with any hunter's, knowing they probably wouldn't recognise them by their faces. When Thea got them inside, it was easy to locate Scott, Stiles, Malia, Derek and Liam; all of whom were unconscious surrounded by five men and Monroe.

Thea kept Nolan behind her as she peaked through the doorway, watching for a chance to take her shot. Literally.

"We've got the alpha and his beta." Monroe was bragging, not seeming to find much use with Derek, Malia or Stiles. "We will wake them and Scott can watch as his beta dies, then he will break and the others will follow."

Thea held her gun up, aiming towards the ceiling and pulled the trigger; startling all of the hunters into action. Thea dragged Nolan with her back down the corridor and around the corner, waiting.