Two

Ever since family day, Whit and I have been talking non stop. Like we text each other when we can and what not, but today, since it's the all star break, he is taking me out on a date. I'm not sure where, but he said to dress casual, so that's what I did. 

"Where are you off to today?" My mom asked as I came downstairs after getting ready

"Where are you off to today?" My mom asked as I came downstairs after getting ready. "I am going out with Whit today, not sure where." I said. "Oh like a date?" She asked. "I mean I guess so, he didn't classify it as a date." I said. 

"Well good thing your dad isn't home, otherwise he would have your head." She said. "Well he can suck it up, I can date who I want to date. Did you tell him about my good news yet?" I asked her. I had gotten a job interview with the Kansas City Chiefs to be their new Sports Psychologist. 

"I haven't had the chance to, but you can tell him when you get home tonight." She said with a smile and then I heard a knock on the door. "I'll get it and I will do that." I said going over to the door and opening it and I smiled when I saw Whit standing there. 

"Hey there!" I said giving him a hug. "Hey you look amazing, you ready to go?" He asked. "Mom, I'll be back later!" I yelled to her grabbing my things and went and got into Whit's car. "Still live with your parents?" He asked as he was driving. 

"For the time being I do, I don't have a job yet, so I'm just waiting to see where life takes me and then go from there." I said. "Do you want to stay in Kansas City?" He asked. "I do, I love it out here, I actually have a job interview with the Chiefs next week, so hopefully I'll be here for good." I said. 

"That's amazing! I am looking to start settling down here soon, I mean I'm not getting any younger." He said. "I mean how old are you, you can't be older than what 25?" I asked. "I'm actually 28." He said. 

"You are not, you are not 7 years older than me." I said. "Believe it babe, I am." He said. "Wow, now my dad might actually kill me." I said and he laughed. "You'll be just fine, that means I'm just more mature." He said. 

"Are you sure about that? You're taking me to an amusement park for our first date." I said as we pulled into the parking lot. "Hey, these are still fun to me, unless you're too chicken to ride the big rides?" He said as he looked over at me and I smirked. 

"Oh absolutely not, let's go have some fun." I said and got out of the car. Whit paid for my ticket, and then we went on almost every single roller coaster that was there. We got to know each other a lot more than when we were texting. 

"Are you hungry?" He asked as we got back into the car after a fun filled day. "I am actually, who knew riding rollercoasters could make you hungry." I said. "Well what are you up for?" He asked. "Honestly, could go for a burger." I said. 

"Yard House?" He asked. "Oh yes, I love Yard House." I said and he smiled and started driving. "So, what's your favorite place to be?" I asked after we had ordered our food. "If I'm not at the ballpark, I just love being home with my family. I am a big family guy and love the holiday's when I'm around them. What about you?" He asked. 

"Probably the same, or Disney World, cause why not." I said. "Well we will have to go there sometime together." He said and then our food came. "Yeah cause we will have time if I get this job with the Chiefs, we will see about that Whit." I said with a laugh. 

After dinner, Whit drove me back home and we just sat in the driveway and talked a little bit more before he walked me to the door. "I had a really great time today Whit, thank you for everything." I said giving him a hug. 

"The pleasure was all mine beautiful. I'll see you soon?" He asked. "I'm sure I'll make it to a home game sometime soon." I said and he smiled and leaned in and kissed me, it was so gentle and sweet like he didn't want to force anything. 

"Goodnight Katie." He said walking down the walkway back to his car. I went into the house and was just smiling. "Hey baby, how was your day?" My mom asked as she was sitting on the couch. I went over and sat next to her. 

"It was amazing mom. We went to the amusement park and then went to dinner at Yard House and it was just amazing." I said. "Did he kiss you?" She asked and I just smiled. "Oh details!" She said putting down the book she was reading. 

"It was literally before I walked in the door, he was just so sweet and gentle. He's so nice momma." I said. "Who is nice?" My dad asked as he walked up from downstairs. I looked at my mom and I nodded. 

"I actually went out on a date today, with Whit." I said and his face fell. "I thought I told you no guys from the team?" He said. "I'm 22 dad, I can do what I want." I said rolling my eyes. "You live under my roof, you go by my rules, no more dates with Whit." He said. 

"Honey, let Katie do what she wants, she's 22 and can date whoever she wants." My mom said from behind me. "Of course you're on her side, do you realize he's seven years older than her?" He said. 

"So, Mike you and I are six years apart and you're older than me, it's no different." She said and I smiled, I love my mom and how she sticks up for me. I heard my dad sigh and leave the room. "Thanks mom, I really appreciate it." 

"Don't sweat it sweetie, I'll always be here for you when it comes to your love life. You're his little girl, that's why he's always hard on you." She said giving me a hug before going into the kitchen. I know that my dad wants what's best for me, but I think it's Whit.