Fifteen

Being in two different places than your fiancé when planning a wedding is the most stressful thing out there. Whit and I have had to do FaceTime's planning for colors and flowers. I got to Pittsburgh late last night and we have a game today and then I leave before he even gets to Pittsburgh, we're going to miss each other by hours.

"Hey lady, what's got you down?" Brittany said as I was sitting in the hotel lobby staring off into space. "Hey girl, just got the blues because I just left Whit and won't see him until next Wednesday, maybe Thursday morning." I said.

"I'm sorry love, why don't you hang out with me this week, we can get some wedding things done for you!" She suggested. "That actually sounds like a great idea, which I had been meaning to ask you, will you be one of my bridesmaids? I really don't have a lot of people out in KC who I would ask and you and I get along great." I said and she smiled.

"Of course I would! I would love nothing more than to be in your wedding!" She said. "There are the two pretty ladies! Are you ready to head out?" Travis said coming up to the both of us. "We are more than ready to kick some Steeler's ass!" I said and they both laughed.

All three of us got onto the bus and headed off towards the stadium. I was getting updates on Whit's game throughout the game as well and it was a loss, again. I feel like they can't get out of this rut that they are in, they just keep losing and losing games. It's not fun for them, or my dad, or me for that matter.

The Chiefs ended up winning which makes them 2-0 so far on the season. It makes my job a lot easier if they win, because then they don't have much to complain about, but there are still guys who come in after they win who think they did crappy, when they didn't.

After everyone was showered and cleaned up we headed back on the bus and went off to the airport to head back to KC. It was about an hour and a half flight back to KC and I took the short drive to mine and Whit's house after getting the car at the stadium.

I sighed and walked into the empty house. I went into the bedroom and my phone began to ring and saw that Whit was Facetiming me. I smiled as his face popped up onto the screen. "Hey handsome, what's up?" I said.

"Not much, just got to the hotel in Pittsburgh, super said that I missed you by a couple of hours." He said and I frowned. "I know I'm sad too. But we will see each other soon, a week and a half." I said.

"I just wish that you could come with me so I could see you when I'm not at the park and playing." He said. "I know Whit, it's not ideal, but we make it work. I know a lot of the WAGS just stay at home and wait for their significant other to come back, but I'm not like that, I have a great job, which happens to be based in KC and it interferes with your offseason. We just have to make it work." I said.

"I know, I selfishly wish you didn't have the job sometimes." He said. "I know, I feel the same way, but I can't let my degree go to waste. I also feel important that I can make my own money and not have to feed off of yours all the time. It's great to feel independent like that." I said. 

"I know it does babe, it just sucks for the both of us ya know? I wish I could spend forever with you and not have to work and worry about money for the both of us." He said. "I know, I feel the same way babe, but soon enough, you'll come home and then we keep planning the wedding, I selfishly can't wait until the off season so I can see you more during the week." I said. 

"I honestly can't wait for that either because more time with you the better when planning the wedding, that's for sure." He said. "Are you sad you guys aren't making the playoffs though?" I asked. 

"Yes and no, yes because it's the best time of year for playoff baseball and we want to win, but no because more time with you to plan the wedding." He said. "I miss you so much Whit, I can't wait to see you when you get home." I said. 

"I miss you too babe, go and get some sleep you look exhausted." He said. "I am, I hate sleeping in hotels for less than one day it feels like. You have a game tomorrow, you get some sleep too." I said. 

"I love you Katie, so much." He said. "I love you too Whit, good night."