Thirteen

"Katie, are you ready to head out?" Costner said coming into our bedroom. Today we were going sky diving and I couldn't wait. "Yeah let me just get my shoes on." I said coming out of the bathroom and heading into the closet to get my sneakers on.

I moved in with Whit about two weeks ago and things have been going great since, he's a dream to live with, especially since he's never home right now anyway. But the past couple of days with him being home from the all star break has been great.

"Alright babe, we'll be home later." I said to Whit after I got my shoes on. "Alright, I love you, Costner, don't let her die." He said giving me a kiss and Costner a hug. "Wouldn't dream of it, let's go sky diving!" She said and we went off and got into my car.

"How did your parents take you moving out?" She asked. "Good, my dad really likes him so he wasn't worried about anything. My mom, well she's sad since I'm her last baby, but she's happy for me that I found someone who finally treats me right." I said.

"Have you not been treated right in the past?" She asked. "Not really no, guys would just use me for my body and my dad as well, of course when they found out who my dad was. It wasn't pleasant to say the least." I said.

"I've always been worried about that too with Whit being my brother and all. But I think that I have found someone nice right now that I'm talking to." She said. "Oh do tell!" I said. "His name is Sam and he's super sweet, very soft spoken and kind to me. I really like him. We've been on a few dates and have been talking for a couple of months now." She said.

"I can't wait to meet him. Has he met the fam yet?" I asked. "Yeah, he met Hite, that's about it. I'm probably gonna introduce him to mom first, then Whit and then dad." She said. "Well what about me, I want to meet him." I said with a laugh.

"Yes, you can meet him, I have uhm actually invited him today to go skydiving with us." She said as we pulled up to the place. "Yes!" I said as we got out of the car and headed in towards the building.

She went over to who I presume is Sam and gave him a hug. "Katie, this is Sam. Sam this is my older brother Whit's girlfriend." She said with a smile introducing us. "It's great to meet you Sam. I've heard nice things about you like ten minutes ago when Costner told me about you." I said and he laughed.

"It's great to meet you as well, Costner as told me great things about you and Whit." He said and I smiled. "Alright Costner, Sam and Katie, are you guys ready?" The instructor said coming up to the three of us. We all nodded and headed into the room to get the gear on and go over the safety instructions.

We went up in the air and I had the biggest smile on my face. "Katie, we're going last." The guy who I was strapped to said and I just nodded. "Have fun girl, see you down there!" I yelled out to Costner before she jumped out of the plane.

Sam had gone first and then Costner and then we scooted towards the end of the plane and then out we went and it was the most thrilling thing ever. I looked around and looked down at the landing spot where I saw a big white sign. I was very confused and as we got closer to the ground I saw that the sign said Marry Me.

Then it hit me, Whit was standing there by the sign and I started to cry. As soon as we landed, my instructor let me get up and walk over to Whit who got down on one knee. "Now you see why I wanted to stay on the ground for this one. Katie Matheny, ever since the day that I laid my eyes on you, I knew you were the one for me. I love you with every bone in my body and I can't stand not being your fiancé for one more minute, so Katie Matheny, will you marry me?" He said and I just nodded my head yes and he smiled and put the ring on my finger and stood up and kissed me.

"Whitley David, you surprise me every day. I can't believe that you did this." I said. "I just want to be your husband, I can't spend any more time not knowing that you're fully mine, for the rest of my life." He said.

"I love you so much." I said kissing him again. "I love you too, now who is that with Costner?" He asked and I laughed. "That is the guy she is talking to, his name is Sam and he's super nice." I said. "Does he treat her right?" He asked. "Alright older brother stop asking questions, yes he does treat me right, you don't have to worry about that. Sam, this is my older brother Whit, Whit this is Sam, my boyfriend." She said.

"Boyfriend, you didn't introduce me to him as your boyfriend." I said. "Just happened as we both landed." Costner said and I smiled. "Welcome to the family, she's a trip, but it seems like you make her super happy. Costner, I approve." Whit said and I smiled.

Today, well it was just magical, I woke up and went skydiving a girlfriend and landed as a fiancée.

katie.matheny: Never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd go sky diving with Costner and see Whit with a sign that says "Marry me?" down on the ground. I love you so much Whitley David, I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you. 💕💍

whitmerrifield: Katie jumped out of the sky a girlfriend and landed on the ground a fiancée

whitmerrifield: Katie jumped out of the sky a girlfriend and landed on the ground a fiancée. Never in my life have a fallen so hard for someone so fast, I knew you were the one for me the moment I met you, I love you Katie. ❤️