Nineteen

"It's wedding day!" Brittany said coming into my room of the Air BnB that we rented for the weekend. "I can't believe that we're getting married today." I said as she handed me a mimosa and sat down on the bed. 

"I know, I feel like just yesterday you started the job with the Chiefs and were dating him and now you're going to be a WIFE!" She said and I smiled. "Wife, I love hearing that." I said and she laughed. "Well all the girls are awake and Costner is making breakfast and the others are starting to get their hair done. So, get your robe on and get downstairs with us." She said as she was leaving the room. 

I sighed and got out of bed and put my Mrs. Merrifield robe on and headed downstairs. "Here comes the bride!" Costner said as she saw me come downstairs. "I can't wait to finally have you as my sister, I have been wanting a sister for so long." She said as she hugged me. 

"I've been wanting one my age for awhile, sucks being the baby and all your brother's wives or girlfriends being older than you." I said. "Well now you got me and Brittany, and that's all that we need." She said handing me a plate of food. 

"I don't think I can eat, I'm so nervous." I said picking around the food. "Girl, I know you're going to be just fine." She said making me eat the food and just then my mom came in. "There's my baby girl." She said coming over to me and hugging me. 

"Where did you just come from?" I asked her as I was now getting my hair done. "I picked up some last minute things that Whit needed and I came from where he and the boys are staying and brought you this, I also dropped off your present to him as well." She said handing me the gift. 

I smiled as I opened the card before the present. 

My dearest Katie, 

Today is the day that you become my wife, the happiest day of my life, to date that is. I can't wait to take this next step in our journey and make you my wife. I love you more than words can explain, I can't wait to see you at the altar. 

Love, Whitley

I wiped the tears that had fallen and opened up the gift and revealed a beautiful necklace with a W on it and it was encrusted with diamonds. "This is so gorgeous, mom can you help me put it on?" I asked as I was now done with my hair and on to makeup. 

"Of course sweetie." She said putting the necklace on me. The rest of the morning and afternoon went slowly as it was gearing up to be the time to walk down the aisle to Whit. "Sweetie, you look amazing." My dad said after we did our first look. 

"Thanks dad, I love you." I said giving him a hug. "I love you too, now let's go get you married to Whit, he can't wait to see you." He said as we walked into the ceremony. "I can't wait to see him and finally call him my husband." I said and then the doors opened and I looked down and saw Whit with the biggest smile on his face, which in turn made me have the biggest smile. 

We walked down the aisle and I saw all of our friends and family, smiling at them as I went by. When we got to the end of the aisle I hugged my dad and then he hugged Whit and then Whit took my hands and I gave my flowers to Brittany. 

"You look amazing." Whit whispered to me. "So don't you." I said back to him and then the pastor started the ceremony. "It's now time to present the rings, Whitley, repeat after me." 

"I Whitley David, take you Katie Marie." "I Whitley David take you Katie Marie." "To be my wife, to have and to hold." "To be my wife, to have and to hold." "From this day forward, for better for worse." "From this day forward, for better for worse." "For richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health." "For richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health." "To love and cherish always. "To love and cherish always." He says as he puts the ring on my finder. 

"Katie, repeat after me." "I Katie Marie, take you Whitley David." "I Katie Marie take you Whitley David." "To be my husband, to have and to hold." "To be my husband, to have and to hold." "From this day forward, for better for worse." "From this day forward, for better for worse." "For richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health." "For richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health." "To love and cherish always. "To love and cherish always." I said as I slid the ring on his finger. 

"By the power vested in me, by the state of Missouri, I now pronounce you husband and wife, Whitley, you may kiss your bride." The pastor said and Whitley smiled and dipped me down and kissed me. 

I grabbed my flowers from Brittany and we walked down the aisle as husband and wife for the first time. "I love you Whitley." I said as I stopped to kiss him. "I love you too Mrs. Merrifield."

katie.merrifield: THE MERRIFIELD'S (peep the name change) 💍💕👰🏻‍♀️

merrifield: THE MERRIFIELD'S (peep the name change) 💍💕👰🏻‍♀️

whitmerrifield: My wife ❤️