Photo Evidence

Apparently, weddings seemed to be the common theme for the day, as when you get home JJ and Rafe tell you they've been invited to Sarah's and John B's, forcing you to let them in on Jamie's engagement.

"I guess this is what we get for getting older," Rafe sighs as JJ asks how that's even possible, "I mean, think of it: especially with all these small town folks? All of 'em deciding to get married at like the earliest fucking convenience?"

"Fair point."

"When is Sarah and John B's?" You ask.

"Soon," JJ tells you, "like a few months from now, I guess they weren't willing to waste any more time."

"Jesus." It wasn't common for people to be that rushed with something such as a wedding, but from the sounds of it, John B and Sarah seemed like the type to crave the titles husband and wife, so you guess it kinda makes sense. "Well, I guess it'd suit them?" You say, voicing your thoughts aloud.

"Oh yea, no doubt of that," JJ says, "surprised they didn't get married the second they turned 18, actually."

"Well, I haven't spoken to my sister for some time now, so I will say I'm mildly shocked," Rafe tells you two.

"Because it's so soon, I guess we have to figure out how we wanna go about this," JJ points out, glancing up at you as he speaks. Though he means for it to sound like another casual topic, he, as well as you and Rafe, know it's bigger than JJ's letting on.

"Do I really have to choose? Maybe I shouldn't go." You didn't have to go to some wedding where you barely even knew the people getting married, why should it bother you if you didn't go?

"I say you go with JJ," Rafe cuts in, clearly having given it a bit of thought.

"Why me?"

"Yea. Why JJ?"

"Because... fuck Kiara."

You snort into your hand as you try to stop the laughter from slipping, a feeble cause as even JJ begins to chuckle softly. "You really think I should get dibs just to piss a girl off?"

"Oh absolutely," Rafe tells him, "if there is anything that makes me happier, it's seeing others get a reality check. Plus, it's not like I wont be there too."

"Observing from afar," you add in good humour, causing him to snicker.

But it was settled, you would go to the wedding with JJ. It'd be fun, you tell yourself, and Rafe was right, it wasn't as if he was going to be sitting at home—watching TV or some shit.

Anyways, the next day you and JJ hit the beach before going in for work. You had been up anyways, just one of those days where your brain had started reeling earlier than usual, and JJ had been down once he saw the live cam of the local beach.

You surf in silence for a good 30 minutes or so, a question nagging you the entire time until you're forced to give in. "Do you really think Rafe doesn't know how to surf?" You finally ask, when JJ paddles up to sit next to you.

It causes JJ to instantly burst out into laughter. "It is a little suspicious that he had opted out of coming," JJ points out with a grin, "when does Rafe Cameron choose to not hang out with you and all your grace?"

You laugh, trying to picture a life that has you buying top-of-the-line boards without a clue in how to use them. "Maybe he was just tired?" You suggest.

"Like he was 'just tired' last time, too?"

"I don't know!" You exclaim as JJ keeps his eyebrows raised to emphasize his point, "maybe he doesn't like it very much, and doesn't want to admit it?"