seven # possibilities

recap:
I smiled, "That would be nice." He also smiled and reached his hand out for me to grab on to which I did and he pulled me up. "Great. I'll give you the bigger half." I lightly laughed, "You really know how to cheer up a woman." He seemed to be taken aback by my compliment, "Do I? Well I'm glad you think so. Shall we get going then?" I nodded, "Lead the way."

(a/n: spotify playlist for miju: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4ivlCAumglj0kMJpHW9i0z?si=W_-30BnCR0-O6GhQ7L6Zxw&utm_source=copy-link. Or simply search "miju" and the playlist will appear.)

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘
first pov

"My apartment's nearby, I wanna change my clothes so I'll at least look decent. Wouldn't want to look like a drab. Is it alright with you?" I politely asked since I worked up quite the sweat when I ran all the way from who knows where I was taken, and I ran from that one guy who I never liked in the first place.

"Of course, I don't mind it at all. I'll wait outside." He answered. "No no, you can wait for me in the living room. I don't want you to just stand outside the door, that'd be cruel of me." He shows a humble smile and nodded, "If you say so then I'll fully oblige." I chuckle, quite taken aback by the strong choice of words as if he was submitting himself to me. 'Pshh, that's impossible. Get your mind out of the gutter.'

After a few more minutes of walking, we finally walked inside the apartment building and we took the elevator up. After the elevator we walked for a minute then finally arrived at my apartment. "Could you umm.. hold on for a minute? I gotta fix a few things inside." I asked him before I turn the handle to open the door. "Sure." He shortly replied and I nodded before opening the door and walked inside, closing the door behind me and when I faced front, I already knew what was waiting for me.

"Where were you for the whole day, young lady?" I nervously laughed as I tried sneaking past him, "And where do you think you're going? You owe me an explanation. Go on now, to your room you go." I groaned and stomped my way to my room. "Why do I have to do this? I'm a grown up for christ's sake!" I complained but he replied shortly, "Grown up or not, you made your guardian worried and that's a good enough reason."

I couldn't help but snort out a short laugh, "You, worried? Guardian? Oh please, the bond between us is fickle and as much as I know, your unfinished business is about to be dealt with faster than expected." I shrug my shoulders, "You should just focus on checking up on your family instead of what's happening between us. I'm just your little mortal helper and nothing more."

I entered my room and grabbed a notebook and pen then began writing on the page. "I'm in a bit of a hurry since I have somebody waiting for me. And for safety purposes don't leave my room." I instructed as I wrote on the page of the notebook. "Did anything happen?" "Nothing in particular but," I just couldn't shake off this uneasy feeling and this makes me a bit paranoid. "Some other people might've had their eyes on me for quite some time now."

"Are you planning to walk into their trap just like that?" He raises his voice. "If I wanna make a point then I have to face them strongly. Avoiding them will just raise the danger level for me." "Heads up though, most of them are probably assholes." I scoffed, "Wouldn't even compare to the one right here." "Are you rubbing sugar or salt to the wound?"

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘
third pov

"Sorry to keep you waiting, you can come in now." She opens the door and welcomed the man to her apartment with the public smile of hers. He walked in and she leads him to the living room, he sat on the couch and she offered him tea. "Thank you, amamiya." She nods with a smile, "You're welcome, doc."