twelve # two fools

you and i aren't fit to be around each other.
you won't remember any of this,
it'll be just like a long dream.
and when you wake up, it's a normal day again.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘
first pov. (miju's pov)

Tonight's the night where I cut ties with him and return to where I actually am from and meant to be in. I can't ruin a family just because of my selfish reasons and missing needs. Besides, I wouldn't wish for this to happen... but, what if..

I shaked my head and brushed off the thoughts that included what if's. I have to focus and set things right and disappear into the night without leaving a trace. Although I might struggle since he's a formidable obstacle if I stealth my way out of here.

But even if he does try and stop me or reason with me, who is he to do so? I don't even mean anything to him so do I to him. That fragile promise he made to protect me? Grow up, some promises are made to be broken. Heck, some are even made from lies just to keep somebody hanging on to some false hope, only to find out that that promise will never be kept.

I might not have any concrete idea how to go back to the time and world I'm supposed to be in but I have my suspicions when I just appeared into this time of life. I already know that I don't belong here since I know that the me in this time is alive and isolating herself from the outside world.

How do I know this? I felt it. The agony, happiness, and the anger that she's feeling right now- I can clearly sense it. But if I can sense her this well then that also means that she can sense my existence here too, though it might be faint but still, she can sense that I'm here.

And if I stay here too long, she might end up going after me and do something that I abandoned in doing years ago. But here I am hoping that she just live her life just like she was meant to be doing. If there are changes to anything, who knows what would stem out from that small change? I couldn't risk that.

It's time to end this.
∘₊✧──────✧₊∘
third pov.

"Now this is quite the work you put in." He comments about the variety of dishes on the table. All of it were just right to the stomach, not heavy nor light of a meal. She sat on the other end of the table while he sat on the side opposite to her.

He observed her in silence but she picked up the silverwares, "I didn't put any poison in your portion of food, if that's what you're worrying about. And even if I didn't tell you that, you'd still figure it out." She talked as she cut the meat into bite sized pieces, taking a few bites into her mouth and chewed on the chewy texture.

"As if a poison could render me useless before I knock you out to prevent you from escaping." He confidently replied as he also dined with her, taking a spoonful of the soup followed by a warm rice topped with some flakes. "Mm? This is delicious." He surprisingly said, meeting eyes with the girl who- despite continued keeping up the calm and composed act, she's still a bit nervous whether he likes the food that she made and if it was fit to his tastes which apparently is the case once she heard the genuine remark of the man.

This eased up her nerves and she was able to relax for a while as she ate dinner with the man accompanying her or maybe vice versa. They were just lonely people who seeks company and found it in each other. Though only temporary.

And as minutes of silence and the clanking of silverwares filled the calm silence of the evening, "I'm gonna leave after I'm finished with this play pretend of house with you." She broke the silence by revealing him her actual intent once she was done with this.