nine # bittersweet

third pov

Things shouldn't even be this way. Everything about this wasn't right at all. How she felt quite angry, confused, and bitter after what she noticed what was happening in the small apartment that she rested for the time being.

She thought that she must've been still in a daze since she had just woken up from her small nap, that must be why she felt those emotions that she shouldn't even have after knowing that he was busy with another woman- well, a woman.

It's not like she has any say to what he decides to do for himself because she's not even supposed to cross paths with him in this timeline. What could have been the trigger for this to happen?

Right now she was walking the streets of the bustling city of the night. It was full of light, full of colors that mixed and matched. Almost blinding her from not being used to exposure in too much light let alone be doused with variety of colors.

It was also a cold night too and most of the people were wearing coats and thick warm clothing. The only warm thing she's wearing now was his hoodie that covered her whole torso up to her thigh.

The noise would seem uncomfortable and irritating for some people especially those who are busy, but for one who has been in the silence for most of her life, it was certainly a refreshing sound to hear. Well, at least for now.

But from that lack of experience and ignorance in the streets and the outside world, she'd eventually come across a danger that teeangers such as she- her current form for some odd reason, would put her in a tight spot that she might not even bear to hold herself up in even if her mind was of a grown up.

And in that time of utmost need of assistance, someone who would save her, her mind can only come to calling a certain someone's name. And even that name that was in her mind, she couldn't accept that she was asking for him to save her because of her pride and the conflicting emotions swirling inside her.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘
first pov (miju's pov)

I've had my fill of society for tonight and was about to return but... I just remembered that I have nobody or nowhere to return to. And judging by the bills in my wallet, it's not enough for a single night in a motel.

' What should I do now.. ' I let out a quiet sigh to myself and walked further in the city to distance myself from the noise.

' What do I do.. what would people like me do in this situation? ' As I walked and walked, I ended up bumping onto a bulky surface.

"Huh?!" A strong and pissed off voice emerged from the owner of the body that I didn't mean to bump onto.

With a loud stomp and the shifting of body language into a threatening one, the muscular man looked down on me. I noticed immediately that something was off with him and my gut told me to flee from the scene but it was too late as I was apprehended by other two which I suppose were his lackeys.

"Hehehe, what a catch!" The one on my left chuckled with ill intentions in his voice. "Average height, slim, and a cute face too. Heh, just like a doll." The one on my right said and I felt his fingers slither through my neck to my cheek. I felt disgusted with the touch and shivered in disgust, struggling to pry myself off from the hold of two drunkards.