five # alone together

recap:

"You're an absolute mess of a grown up and a daughter."

"You said it. While you were a parent who ran out of time who genuinely wanted to become a proper father."

"Don't our situations somehow perfectly aligned with each other? Funny, right?"

"Yeah, what a coincidence."

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘
first pov

"What're you working on?" He asked me as he went through my laptop screen. "Why don't you take a guess? It's definitely not me doing some research about your family." "Is it about my family?" I raised a brow at him, "Seriously... I wanna punch you so hard on the face right now." I took a deep breath, telling myself that it wasn't worth having me lose my shit on.

"Want me to go and possess some random passed out dude? I'll be quick." "What?! No!" I immediately denied, "I already told you to stop possessing people. If they ever catch on some weird activities going on around the area, they'll definitely investigate it."

"And once they do there's no way they won't catch sight of you. You are almost the same kind as the spirits that they deal with." Though having a ghost as a companion or maybe a roommate is both happy and lonely at the same time. His presence is there but physically he's not present.

I've come to a decision to make an exception for this ghost in front of me since his situation was just something that I couldn't continue ignoring any longer. And this would also help him move on to the afterlife too so, it's a win-win for me and I'm sure that it's the same for him too.

"If I'm not allowed to possess anyone then how about..." the tone of his voice sounded like he's definitely up to no good, and the way he looked at me with that scheming gaze of his just made me bail out of my room. "No!" I yelled. "Oh come on! This is the obvious idea if I can't go out and possess someone. If it can't be anybody, then it should be you."

I turned around and faced him, "That is exactly why I don't want you possessing my body. Who knows what type of gross things you'd do to my body?!" I grimaced at the thoughts and I covered my torso with my arms. "I may be an asshole but I won't stoop that low to do that to you without your permission." I shaked my head, "Like that made anything better." I sarcastically said.

"As I thought, I can't possess you at all." He said in disappoint. "So you did actually try to possess me! See? This is why I don't trust ghosts– men like you!" I huffed as I crossed my arms and walked to the couch and sat down, feeling exhausted after I stayed up all night. 'Shit, it's not a good thing for me to be this exhausted. I might experience sleep paralysis if I fall...asleep..now..'

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘
third pov

He followed the woman to the living room and he saw her sit down on the couch and then a few minutes later she was out cold. He knew that she stayed up late and had little to no sleep at all as he kept watch over the woman, he even tried nagging her to get her face off her laptop and go to sleep already. She didn't listen and this is where she ended up in.

"What a stubborn girl." He glided close to her and he observed that she was in a deep sleep, most definitely because of exhaustion and staying up late. He stared at her while she's asleep, from her eyes to her lips.