005.

#5: Learning From History

-

Furuya was laying on the bed in his dorm. He stared blankly at the ceiling above him, his mind clouded by the words of Date and Ari's.

'You can't show mercy on heinous criminals... if you show weakness, you'll only get taken advantage of... and meet the worst end... just like my father...'

'If you aren't stronger than everyone else... you won't be able to enforce justice!'

'...weaknesses won't necessarily lead to the worst scenarios... as long as one can find a way to make the most of oneself... even the weakest among the weakest can do it.'

He was lost in a daze until he was pulled out of it by a few knocking on his door. He went up and answered, "Yes?"

He saw Hiro opening the unlocked door and offered him, "The three of us were planning to go out a bit... Ari-san will also be joining us later. Is there anything we can get for you?"

Furuya thought for a bit and replied, "Hmm... not really."

Hiro nodded and apologized for the intrusion before closing the door and leave. Furuya recalled something and rushed out, "If you're going to the convenience store... could you bring me some toothpa-"

He cut himself off as he noticed the empty corridor, he sweat dropped, "Jeez... they're already gone..." He went in and picked out a jacket, and thought, 'Nothing to be done... I guess I'll head out too...'

-

Furuya walked out the academy gate at a relaxed pace. He was now changed into a plain t-shirt which was paired with a black leather jacket. He noticed his squad leader sitting alone at the side, looking up at the night sky.

The two of them then went on a stroll together, chatting along the way.

-

"Sorry for what I did earlier in the dojo... I went a bit too far." Date apologized to the blonde walking at his side. He muttered softly under his breath, "It's good that Sakurazawa-san stopped me..."

Furuya assured him, "It's fine..."

The two walked as Date spoke up again, " It's not like that matter with my dad has anything to do with you guys..."

"If I recall correctly, your father was a police officer as well right?" Furuya asked.

"Yeah, he was the head patrol officer at a small neighborhood police station!" The man answered proudly. "He was frail and appeared weak... but I look up to him."