003.

#3: Of One Heart and One Mind

-

Third Person POV

Ari observed the situation from above, noting the event that had just commenced. She covered her mouth as she let out a hidden grin, if anybody were to look closely, they would've noticed the slight glee it had.

- Downstairs  -

The group of comrades looked up to the hanging instructor, serious expressions were plastered on their faces. Date spoke up, "You know... what to do, right?"

The rest murmurs the things that had to be done.

Matsuda, "Gun

Matsuda, "Gun..."

Hagiwara, "Bullet..."

Furuya offered, "I'll shoot.

Date and Hiro will be the support.

"Then fellas..." Date started. "Let's go!!"

Date and Hiro ran towards the instructor. Hiro was lifted and pushed the fainted repairman's body to lessen the pressure. The instructor had a distressed look and was struggling to let himself free.

The two supports reassured the instructor, "Our friends... will get you out of there before you know it."

"Until then, please don't kick the bucket!" Date shouted.

"How long?" Furuya asked, referring to the gun Matsuda was repairing.

"One round.[1]" Matsuda answered. He explained to Furuya that the gun was broken in the first place and needed to be altered so that it will be precise enough to shoot accurately.

Hagiwara was crouching at the place the other students were gathered, looking for the stolen bullet. "Oh?" He said with faked amazement.

"What's this? Who'd have thought the bullet dropped in such a place?"

Ari, who has just rushed down from upstairs rested her hand on Furuya's shoulder, leaning herself slightly. Furuya looked at her from his shoulder, his ears tinted from the close proximity between them. His mind killing him to ignore the way her chest was pressing his back.

And as if the blonde sensed Matsuda's nervousness, Furuya informed him. "There's no need to panic."

"When a person is strangled, the respiratory system center does stop working within about a minute. But after that, the heart keeps beating for several minutes... and even once the heart stops, as long as life-saving measures were taken within three minutes... the brain will not take any damage."