004.

#4: With Fortitude and Vigor

-

Third Person POV

It was now the arrest-technique class. And a few days before their planned study session. The instructor was shouting loudly as always, giving out commands to the students.

"The Japanese arrest technique is based on ancient Japanese Martial-arts... which has been refined in order to arrest and restrict criminals and suspects caught red-handed!"

"The effective blows are jaw, shoulder, torso, and forearm strikes!"

"The ways of attacking can be thrust, kick, reverse, throw, choking, guarding, baton, bludgeon, looking, and so on. Anything is fine!"

"The essence of the Japanese arrest technique is to gain total control of the opponent by leaving not only yourself unscathed of course, but also your opponent!" Instructor Onizuka said.

"Blow! That's enough." He announced as he lifted a flag towards Matsuda.

Matsuda returned to the sides where Hiro, Hagiwara, and Ari were at. He gasped as he took off his mask, "Damn. Squad Leader is strong as hell!" He said.

Hagiwara patted him on the back in condolence, "As for me, I thought my mask had been crushed..."

Hiro groaned painfully as he touched his bruised ribs, which caught Ari's attention. "Does any of you need a visit to the infirmary?" She offered.

They refused the offer and continued with their conversation, not really minding the female instructor that is listening in on them.

"To think that I never lose in normal fistfights," Matsuda said. Hagiwara agreed, "I don't either when it comes to handling women or cars..."

Ari cleared her throat, reminding the trio that she was standing behind them the whole time. She told them, "Date already got a girlfriend. And besides, are you sure that you never lost in flirting with women?" She smiled playfully at the playboy.

Hagiwara sighed in defeat, setting his eyes downcast. Matsuda suggested to them, "What about going somewhere during the weekends, to change our luck? [1]"

Hagiwara back to his normal self agreed cheerfully, "If instead of a tool shop, it's a car shop or a bike shop. I'm fine with it y'know?" Hiro also agreed to tag along.

"Speaking of bike shops, I happened to see a man with a strange tattoo some time ago..."

"A tattoo?"

"Yeah... It was a cup with afoot."

"Then that must be a goblet right?" Ari said.

Hiro reacted badly as he rashly asked Matsuda various questions.

Matsuda denied knowing anything about that man and offered, "But if you are interested in the tattoo, how about going to the bike shop tonight? It looked like he was a regular customer, so maybe we'll find out if we asked the clerk..."

Ari who has been eavesdropping asked them, "If you guys are going to a bike shop, mind if I tag along? I had something to buy..."

Matsuda agreed enthusiastically, "Of course, Ari-san can come along!"