| Well, it's awkward ! |

Chapter

Chapter. III
WELL, IT'S AWKWARD

Jane knew this place.

How could she forget it?

This was exactly where she lost her mother all those years ago. And yet, she was still so terrified. 

It had the same effect on her every time.

And this even though she might know she found herself again in one of the projections of her tortured mind.

"Hello ? Where are you? Come on, show yourself, sweetheart."

She shivered at the sound of her assailant's still chilling voice.

It was like she was again that nine-year-old running down that aisle, trying to get away of him.

She spun around quickly as she searched for the face of her attacker before suddenly starting to run without even taking the time to think about it.

She didn't even know why she was doing this. It was just her mind playing tricks on her.

Even so, she could feel exhaustion and sweat covering her body as she continued to flee for her life.

She clenched her jaw as she glanced, panicked, over her shoulder at the hearing of quick footsteps after her.

It was exactly like this time.

She immediately looked back in front of her to make sure she was watching where she was going.

Unfortunately she hadn't anticipated the sudden appearance of her attacker in front of her.

With the exception that he didn't have the same face at all.

In place of a sleazy, gangly-looking man was now a familiar face.

Jane stopped abruptly at the sight of the brunette with blue hair blocking her way before trying to catch her breath.

She was breathing deeply as she slowly approached the brunette before shaking her head in realization."Rachel?"

Unfortunately, it wasn't long before Jane took a step back at the sight of the brunette's lack of reaction.