|Men are the worst|

Chapter VII

Chapter VII.
|Men are the worst|

Rachel continued to run through the forest as she continued to glance over her shoulder at Jane.

She didn't even understand how she managed to carry her on her back. She was a real dead weight. But she couldn't leave her there. She would never leave her again.

Jane had promised to stay with her until the end.

Not to mention that she was still unconscious.

Rachel had to take her for treatment at all costs. She didn't know if her injuries were serious.

Clearly out of breath, Rachel suddenly stopped before letting out a groan as she propped Jane down as gently as possible against a tree. She immediately knelt down beside her with a contrite expression before grabbing her arm to shake it."C'mon, Jane. Wake up!"

She watched the brunette's head fall against her own shoulder before swallowing in panic at the sight of the dried blood trail on her forehead.

However, it wasn't long before she suddenly jumped on the alert at the sound of an animal growl.

She spun around in fear before her eyes widened at the sight of a huge tiger appearing literally out of nowhere. Except that he was nothing like the tigers she'd seen in zoos or on television.This one had a strange shiny green coat. He suddenly approached her letting Rachel's eyes widen as he approached Jane.

"Hey, stay away from her!"She exclaimed as she clapped her hands in an attempt to push him away.

The tiger immediately turned to her with some intrigue in his eyes. His eyes. They looked almost human.

Rachel felt like she was staring straight through the animal's soul. It was almost as if she was looking through Jane's or Dick's eyes.

Thus, she captured his emotion.

He was mainly curious.

Suddenly he stopped, leaving Rachel to frown in utter disgust at the hearing of the animal's bones breaking on their own. He let out a bestial growl before suddenly twisting on himself letting Rachel take a step towards Jane as if to protect her despite her own pervasive fear.

The animal continued to change right in front of her eyes before he leaped through the trees to hide in a thicket.

Rachel followed him with her eyes before suddenly turning to hear the gasp coming from Jane."Ra-rachel?"

"Jane?"She exclaimed as she rushed over to the brunette, completely forgetting about the tiger's presence."Jane, can you hear me? Are you fine ?"

"Mhm, too loud."Jane moaned as she propped her head up against the tree trunk with her hand against her forehead before opening her eyes with slight difficulty."Rachel? What's happened ?"