✦ chapter five

05.
need to clear my head and get out of the city, all alone in
the jungle you'll find me, close your eyes and hear my secret,
deep deep loving hear my secret.locket, crumb

➽ HEAVEN-SENT CHEF

HEAVEN-SENT CHEF

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

OH MY GOD...this can't be real. ❞

Rich, birch material wafted about the office you stood in. Alas, your personal workstation was prepared. The sublime, essential oil of a plant also flew about the room— resting next to the office desk.  Your new workspace and the mesmerizing view it granted entranced you.  The city on the other side of the bridge dignified in little specs beneath the celestial sky.

Your dark ford desk sat next to the wall on the right, all drawers holding their own keyhole and open cabinets empty for your own decor. A computer and keyboard were installed at the corner of the desk station.. For the most part, your desk was vacant. You laid your bag down on your executive office chair, your other hand smoothing the top of the plush backrest. There's also a bookshelf on the other side of the room as well as other drawers. Two plush seats displayed in front of her desk, and there's even a black leather couch near the entrance.

"Well? Do you like it?" Anzu asked from behind you. You almost forgot she was here. Those stories were not lying when they mentioned Anzu's presence is subtle.

"..Do I like it?" You beam, "I love it!"

Anzu smiled at your response. Albeit she was pretty oblivious at how flattered you seem just thinking at how Anzu made sure everything here was put in place. Soon, the door opened, and in came Hajime with a present in hand. His free hand knocked on the door three times.

"Good morning..may I come in?"

"Ah, morning, Shiino. Come, come." Your sweet tone made it easy to relax. Hajime didn't know what it was, but he wasn't going to go against it.

"I have to prepare for the meeting soon. I'll see you there, L/n." Anzu informed before leaving. You waved her off excitedly. You could prance around the room if you could. Hajime moved out the way, exchanged polite goodbyes with Anzu, before walking over to you. He held up the gift bag— an ivory bag with white wrapping paper. Patterns of simple stars shining on them from the bright ambience of the morning.

"I got you something as a welcome present. I hope you like it."

"Oh. You didn't have to." Your heart swelled in adoration. Despite the gratifying vestige in your heart, your face must have said the contrary. Still anomalous with the facial expressions of this animated life, to contain a fangirl spark was challenging in a way. "Is everything okay?..Did you not want...?!" Hajime rushed his words. Your eyes widened slightly at his panicked question.