Chapter 1

I rushed into class, arriving just about thirty seconds before my teacher, Mr Thomas, came into class, dragging (with great difficulty, I might add) a shelf covered in books.

On one big thick book, I could see the words 'BACTERIA AND OTHER MICROSCOPIC BEINGS'- Great! I'm so excited! (heavy sarcasm).

I was just about to take another step after turning back around from the bookshelf when suddenly there was a foot in path- my slow reflexes didn't come in handy and I tripped.

"Watch where you're going nerd." sneered a girl from the cheerleading squad- think her name was Jennifer.

Kasey, bless her, came running up to me and helped me get up after bending down to pick up my books, "Thanks Kase."

She smiled at me and turned to leave back to her desk, not before shooting a glare at Jennifer.

I walked to the back of the class taking my usual seat by myself. Let the torture begin.

I was a straight A student, I worked hard because I knew only I had control over my future, but that didn't mean that I didn't not like high school any less.

Class began and I prepared to be bored out of my mind, but my preparation was disturbed by the door opening, I didn't bother looking up, I just played with my fingers and looked at the page I had ready to take notes on.

I heard the principle's feminine voice ring loud and clear across the classroom, "Sorry to interrupt your class Mr Thomas, but I'd like to introduce you to Mr Eric Michaels, he's going to be joining your class.

I heard another pair of footsteps enter the classroom, followed by very loud gasps coming from the girls.

I decided that I should probably look up to see what the commotion is about.

Looking up I realised that this was just another 'hot' guy. I sighed.

Mr Thomas fixed up his glasses while replying, "Welcome Mr Michaels, please take a seat at any available spot."

I froze. Crap. There was an empty seat next me, in my black hoodie, or the school nerd, Austin Putty- who currently was picking his nose *shudder* and... just wiped his hand over his sleeve, oh and not to mention his one puffy eye, and the other that uncontrollably blinked ALLLL the time.

I heard footsteps coming towards my table- DAMMIT! Well anyone would have done the same in his position...

I noticed as he walked up that he had a white polo shirt on, tightly fitted as if he was deliberately trying get all the girls to drool all over him, black jeans and slung over his shoulder was a black jacket.

I sighed again- wow a lot of sighing today.

I studied his face; he had piercing forest green eyes, and black, shaggy hair. An odd coupling, but it sure had all the cheerleaders in my class pulling their skirts up and their shirts down.

I groaned, then sighed, then thought about how much disrespect these girls had for themselves.

He walked up; sliding the chair back, took a seat and then turned to smirk at me.

I just ignored him and turned my head.

Just another typical guy.

I realised all the girls were staring at me with such venom in their eyes that it made me shudder.

Great, this was gunna be a long term.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------