Safe

In which Uzi is not feeling that okay after the truth about Khan sets in. N is there to keep her company though.

Quite angst with a fluff as a cherry on top-

(Along with another little thingy I did for this-)

___________

Lately, N had noticed Uzi was being quite distant. Sure, it might have been just the fact that she was wary of him, since he was a Disassembly Drone and it was just a few days after she banished herself from her colony. But still, something just seems ... off to him.

This didn't seem like she was wary, more like ... troubled. Something was troubling her, clouding her mind. And he would love to know what, so he could at least try to help her.

Yet, any time he tried to get close or ask what's wrong, she would pay him no mind and just say she's busy trying to repair the pod. Which, she was, he had no doubt in that. It's just the fact of seeing your friend lean on the pod and let out shaky breaths as her shoulders shook that made him question this more.

He knows she's not lying, but something about these ... excuses ... just rubs him the wrong way. Ah- it is the time once again.

He blinked a bit as he watched Uzi slowly make her way to the pod, shoulders slumped and head low, eyes on the floor. Seeing his best friend like this made him sad.

He wasn't used to seeing her so down. It felt wrong when it wasn't her edgy rebellious self, wanting to eradicate all humans.

With a soft sigh, he spread his wings, jumping off the corpse spire and flying down to her. She barely even noticed him. Or, if she did, she didn't show it. "Hey Uzi!" He greeted, putting on a cheery smile, trotting over to her side.

"Oh. Hi, N .." She responded lowly, voice quite monotone. Yeah, something was definetly wrong here, and it wouldn't take a genius to see it.

His smile turned a bit nervous as he watched her basically pay no mind to him. She halted in her movement after a bit, only turning her head a little to the side to glance at him. "Do you want something, N ..?" She asked quite quietly.

N raised a finger, opening his mouth, then closing it as he searched for the right words. "Well ... I do have a question .." He said after a bit, Uzi this time turning her whole body to face him, leaning her head a bit up to look him in the eyes.

Her dead, tired expression reassured him of the fact that he was right and there was something wrong going on. Her expression looked more dead than normally, if you get what he means.

"These last few days I've kinda noticed something!" He said nervously, subconsciously starting to fidget with his hands a bit. The silence from the other didn't help calm his nerves. She just looked at him, watching him without any emotion. Yet behind that, N could detect something, something strong. Yet, he couldn't pinpoint what it was ...

"I've noticed that you seem ... really down lately ..." He said, eyes looking to the side now. "Is ... everything okay ...?" He continued, looking back at Uzi, only to see her narrow her eyes at him slightly.

He knew she was about to shoo him away again and use her typical excuse of being busy and just tired from work. But, he decided he won't let himself be pushed away. Not anymore.

With a sigh, she rubbed at her visor with her hand. "N, I've told you this like fifteen times already. I'm fine! Just tired from working on the pod!" She said, turning around and starting to go to the pod once again. "Don't worry about me .." She muttered.

"But I'm worried about you!" N exclaimed, stopping her by grabbing her hand. She stopped and quietly looked at his hand, holding her's to hold her back, very carefully though.