Ch3:// Conversations and Citizenship

"Oh gods..." Indeed. The paladin even has its sword drawn in all its flaming glory, making her ivory and gold full plate armor almost shine in holy light.

"Poor thing. It must be hard to move with so much armor thingy material around you." She sheathes her sword and takes a step forward.

"Cassandra, don't try to converse with a monster please." The ranger. A human in high quality leather armor with a recurve bow already drawn with an arrow of crackling light.

"Orion, it clearly understands us. I'd even say it can speak with the general structure of its neck and jaw." Well, she's right about that, I could speak up, but I want to see how long they'll go on.

"Maybe it does, but still, it looks too human to not be a threat in the long run."

"Well, would you rather an ally or an enemy?"

"An ally of course."

"Then shut the fuck up and let me handle this."
Damn. The paladin does NOT hold back.

The paladin who, by the way, has horns and a halo, at once.

"So, first of all; let's start simple." The paladin just continues while the ranger sits down in the corner, facing the wall.
"Nod once for yes, twice for no.
Got it?"

One nod.
"Good. Do you know what this place is called, beyond just a dungeon?"
Two nods.

"Cool; can you use magic?"
One nod.

"Can you speak?"
One nod-wait I wasn't ready please don't make me talk...

"Very good, just needed to catch you off guard for an honest answer, and it seems it worked judging by your reaction." Damn. She got me.

"So, got a name?"

"Kaylee."

"Mind if I ask you about your stats?"

"Not really. Just please don't respond negatively."

"Don't see why I would. Just round them up by the way" she takes out a note pad and a crystal.

"So. In order, 40 strength, 50 dexterity, 55-ish constitution, 40 intelligence, and, get this, 560 magic."

"What."
#/#/#/#/#/#/#/#/#/#/#/#/#/#/#/#/#/#/#/#/#/#/#/#/#/#/#/#/#/#/#/#/#/#/#/#/#/#/#/#/#/#/

"So you're telling me that your base magic stat is over 200?"

"Yes, and it's of Psi type."

"Alright. Wow! Now let's check it. Place your hand on the crystal, please."

I do just as asked and gently place my hand on the crystal. I can feel it accessing my status and soon enough it's displayed for the minotaur paladin to see. Although not before alerting her of my monstrous nature. She nods, check three boxes and asks my gender.

"I almost forgot I have no distinguishing features anymore. I am, was, female. I don't think gender applies to what I am now."

"Well, do you want yourself registered as female or inapplicable?"

"Registered?" Wait... She's been taking notes all this time, and has boxes to check. She's part of the clergy despite being an adventurer... Don't tell me she's-

"Yeah I'm making you an identity card!" She beams at me. Fuck you. The realization must be clear on my face because she immediately shifts into an uncomfortable smile

"Did you not want to have the right to not be hunted for sport by self-righteous assholes?" I shake my head at that statement.

"I need to gain biomass somehow, how else am I supposed to create more drones and live comfortably, technically self-sufficiently?"