Chapter 13

Once Annie's crystal is covered with a tarp and carted away, Emiline heads back to the base. The thought of finding Levi and imaging the way his hands will roam hungrily over her body as his lips explore every plain, valley, and hill on her skin makes her core wet with anticipation. The look on his face once Emiline pulled out of his reach was exploding with hunger and anticipation mixed with adoration, we'll probably not leave whatever room we can find for hours, she thinks to herself.

      "Emiline."

      She stops upon hearing her name and any horny urges she once had flies out of her body in a flash. Emiline would know that voice anywhere - a voice dripping with sugary honey to ensnare the next poor woman that became entranced with the bat of his long lashes over emerald green eyes - was her ex-fiancé, Lord Gavin Riley. Running away was a tempting option, however when Gavin wants something he will stir up as much trouble as possible till he gets what he wants. Slowly turning around, Emiline finds Gavin standing next to Eric with a confident crooked grin while Eric watches with crossed arms and a fuming glare as his colors deepen to a single blood red. Even without the aura surrounding Eric, Emiline could tell Eric is furious by the tumultuous fury cascading off of his body. A large gold necklace bearing the insignias of Wall Maria, Rose, and Sina threaded on three individual gold chains, glittering in the setting evening sun around Eric and Gavin's necks, catches Emiline's attention. She always knew that the Riley's were members of the cult, however the matching necklace draped around Eric's neck is surprising.

      "Emiline, oh thank god you're safe. When your brother said you jumped out of the carriage to join that titan fight I insisted on coming back to the military base to wait for your return. My darling, why did you do that?" Gavin cups Emiline's face in one of his soft hands while the other brushes down Emiline's neck. Emiline takes a step back and fights the urge to scrub her skin where his hands had touched.

     "I'm a soldier, Gavin. I have a duty to protect the Walls and the people within them."

      "But my dear your military service is absolved, now that you will be mine you will no longer have to serve in that uncouth Scouting regiment."

      "The agreement you made with my brother was not made with me, therefore I am not yours and I never will be yours. I am remaining a member of the Survey Corps." Emiline watches as Gavin's colors begin to shift from lustful and deceitful, to frustrated and possessive.

     "Emiline," Eric cuts in, "When the head of the household makes a promise to another, the entire family is held in agreement to it as well. You got to do your final act of heroics, now let's go. I will forgive and forget this one act of defiance."

      "No. I will not become a diseased riddled mistress for this horn-dog and I will most certainly not be controlled by you, Gavin, or that Wall cult that the both of you appear to be a part of. The nobility's hierarchical way of controlling families is ridiculous and I refuse to be a part of it."

     Eric grabs Emiline by her wrists and tugs her close, "You will do as I say dammit, or I will have you killed." The blood red becomes encased in a pitch black, he means it, Emiline thinks to herself in horror.

     "Eric, what is going on? You're...not yourself?"

      "What's going on here?"

     Everyone looks over to see Levi approaching, while his face may be neutral his colors are anything but. Emiline quickly regains her composure and rips her wrists out of Eric's grip and steps back, Levi steps slightly in front of her but remains close to where he reaches back and twines his fingers with her's.

     "Thank you for your concern Captain, but this is nothing that concerns you," Gavin smiles cordially while jealous twines of ivy snake around his body.