Chapter 2

When Eric returns to base with Levi and Hanji, he bids them both goodnight before heading back to the barracks. Opening the door he finds Mobilt sitting in a chair by the window, reading a book by candlelight. Mobilt looks up when he hears the door open and beams a friendly smile to Eric, closing his book he asks,

"You're back, how is Amelia doing?"

Eric returns the smile, "She's doing well, she graduated at third for the 104 Cadet class."

"That's wonderful! So will she be joining our ranks?"

Eric sighs, "I'm sure that's what she plans to do, I'd rather she join the Garrison though."

Mobilt nods, "I know, but your sister seems sharp, she would make a great Scout."

"She will if she doesn't piss off Captain Levi again."

Mobilt cocks his brow before an amused smile curves his lips, "What did Amelia say to Captain Levi?"

"In short she told Levi that she is too old to be called a brat," Eric responds while taking a seat in a chair by Mobilt.

Mobilt lets out an amused laugh, "She actually said that? Your sister has guts, did Levi end up scaring her?"

"Not even when Levi threw his knife at her, she just caught it and I had to make sure she didn't end up picking a fight with him."

"Hmm," Mobilt hums, "I know you don't like hearing this Matthew, but if Captain Levi doesn't scare your sister, then she's perfect for the Scouts. In fact, that reaction your sister had might encourage Levi to recruit her for his squad."
Eric remains silent, the thought of his sister being in the Scouts makes him sick with worry, and then thinking about her being under Captain Levi just makes his stomach nauseous. Growing up, Emiline was always better than him when it came to training. Emiline was always more resilient, more determined to fight, and more in tune with both Silverwood and Reiss abilities. Meanwhile, Eric never pushed past the limits of his capabilities, and he would rather stand back and logically think over a big decision instead of acting on the natural instinct that guides Emiline. Other nobles would assume that because they were twins they would be very similar, but that could be farther from the truth. It quickly became clear that Eric was the dutiful and chivalrous son while Emiline was the wild and disobedient prodigal daughter. When it came to who would be the next head of the Silverwood's, it was no question that it would go to Eric. He even learned all of the dark secrets his family hid, some even hid from Emiline. That's why Eric has to be careful, with Emiline being stronger, she is at risk for coming to her full capabilities, and if she does it could spell even more trouble.

"Sorry Matthew, I didn't mean to upset you. I better go see our Squad Leader, I'm sure they're going to need some sort of supervision soon," Mobilt calls, interrupting Eric's train of thought.

"No you're fine, good luck," Eric smiles.

Mobilt shakes his head knowingly and leaves their barracks, once he's shut the door Eric slouches in his seat, this is going to be another sleepless night. Since his worries are racing through his mind, Eric decides to take a shower in an effort to relax. Grabbing some fresh clothes and toiletries, he heads down the dimly lit hallway to the communal bathroom when he hears someone call for him.

Looking over his shoulder he sees Captain Levi and Commander Erwin approaching him. Clumsily trying to salute with his arms full, Erwin gives him a gentle grin and waves for Eric to not struggle to salute.

"Good evening Captain, Commander. Is everything alright?"

"Yes, Levi and I were actually just discussing your sister," Erwin starts.

"I apologize again for my sister, I will make sure she-"

"It's not that," Erwin chuckles,

"The Ginger Brat seems to have a great reaction time, I'm curious about her strengths," Levi continues.
Eric stops nervously, Mobilt was right, Emiline did catch Levi's eye, and now that Levi has talked to Erwin they will most likely invite her to the Scouts personally. If Levi is involved then chances are he might also want her for his Squad, there's no stopping Emiline from joining the Scouts. Eric sighs in defeat before answering,