Chapter 18

Levi and Emiline lay tangled in the sheets of their bed as the afternoon sun peaks through the curtains. As Erwin and Emiline heal from their injuries, plans are being made for the next steps to be taken to use Eren's titan abilities to plug the holes in Wall Maria, and planning has allowed more downtime for more illicit affairs between Levi and Emiline. Any visitors they may get find the door constantly locked with the sounds of shuffling to put on clothes before the door is finally opened.

"Are you sure you feel well enough? If you need to rest then you should," Levi asks as Emiline trails kisses down his neck.

"Never better, the doctor said the stitches will be able to come out in a couple of days. I'm also getting restless from resting so much."

The corner of Levi's lips quirks up in a smile while his hands roam across Emiline's soft bare skin. Even with plenty of opportunities to see and feel her bare body, Levi still finds himself awed and just as breathless to see Emiline's body for the fortieth time as he did the first. "If you say so princess," he mutters before rolling on top of Emiline and pressing his bare body against hers. He slowly brings his lips to Emiline's gently, before spreading more light breathy kisses down her face and neck when a loud knock comes at the door.

"Hey nymphomanics, open up!"

Both Levi and Emiline groan in annoyance before finally throwing on some clothes and opening the door to find Hanji waiting outside with a sealed letter in hand.

"Must you announce an explicit name to the entire base when you knock on our door," Levi grumbles.

"You two gave yourselves that name with the loud sex you have at all hours of the day." Hanji holds up the letter before passing it to Emiline, "You received a letter from Lord Gavin Riley."

Levi glares at the letter from the corner of his eyes as Emiline breaks the wax seal bearing the Riley emblem. As she quickly reads it over her brow furrows before Levi spots the unmistakable glint of mischief glistening in her eyes before she folds the letter. She's planning something.

"Apparently, I have been invited to the Riley's summer ball at their country estate."

"Huh," Hanji quips curiously.

"Clearly you're not going to go-" Levi's eyes meet Emiline and he instantly sighs before leaning against the wall, "you're planning to go, aren't you?"

Emiline nods, "Yup!"

"Why," Hanji crosses their arms while cocking their head to the side.

"Think about it, lots of nobles will be there so that we can encourage more funding for the Scouts before the mission to take back Wall Maria. Also I'm curious, why does the Wall Religion have information about my family that even I didn't know, and considering how wall priests seem to have knowledge about the walls that we don't, how does that connect to my family considering Historia and my brother now being a member of the religion."

Everyone pauses for a moment before Hanji finally announces, "Considering how you were invited and are a member of the nobility, it would be good for you to go so that we have that in. Even if it takes you a while to find any information from the Wall Religion, you might be able to encourage members that are willing to talk, perhaps put those Silverwood skills to good use."

Levi rolls his eyes before finally agreeing, "You better go talk with Erwin about this. I'm sure he would like to be included in your scheming."

Emiline nods, "Agreed. I'll go talk to Erwin, in the meanwhile you better go find something to wear."

"Huh?"

"A courting Lady is always accompanied by her beau at large social gatherings."

Levi's mouth hangs open for a brief moment before shutting it with a cocky smile as he watches Emiline head out of the room while throwing a quick wink over her shoulder. What a sexy demoness.