Severed Lines

Weeks.

Had it been weeks, days? It felt like months since that phone call with Luz, but in reality, it had only been 3 days ago.

There Amity was, sitting on her kitchen floor with her head against the island table as her phone kept ringing on top of the counter.

She didn't answer it though, like she'd been doing for the past few days. Amity was too tired to get up. She was too upset to even look at her phone. Especially after what happened...

Amity felt so embarrassed. So stupid.

How humiliating was that call? Too humiliating. Maybe Amity should've just shut up and never played that stupid game with Luz. Maybe then she wouldn't have been here, lying on her kitchen floor and hiding from any form of contact.

Amity's phone rang with voicemails again. They were probably from Boscha, and they were.

Even though those calls were from Boscha, Amity didn't want to risk the fact of answering one the calls which could've been from Luz. Then that would be a whole thing.

The only reasonable solution was to lie on the kitchen floor and order take out for lunch and dinner, then ignore all texts and calls.

That way, she could avoid more embarrassment and conflict. And humiliation, especially that.

"What's the point, Otabin..." Amity sighed and finally glanced up at the shadow that Otabin laid upon her face.

The kitty cat looked down at her and licked his owner's cheek as if it was an indication for her to get up.

"Noo..." Amity turned away and faced her cereal that had been cooking in the sunlight. "I think I'll just stay here for awhile longer." She sighed and closed her eyes until she felt sharp claws sink into her back.

"OW! OW! OTABIN, OKAY OKAY!" Amity quickly jumped up and yelped at her skin being shredded.

Otabin finally let go of Amity's flesh after a few seconds of pure torture, just to make sure his owner was completely up.

"That hurt!" Amity glared down at the fur ball who was giving her a look of innocence, like he didn't just tear Amity's skin off and leave an entire red mark.

Instead of yelling and scolding Otabin, Amity huffed and didn't bother at trying. She instead let her gaze wonder around her kitchen and living room.

Different chip bags were scattered along the living room table and couch from when Amity stayed up watching TV from the past days just to distract herself from what happened. Bowls and plates were everywhere. The pizza Amity had ordered from the night of the call with Luz was thrown into the corner of the living room by the TV. Amity hated it being there, but was too lazy to bother and move it. Crumbs were spread everywhere and Otabin's fur was all along the rug and furniture.

Why would Amity bother to clean it up with a vacuum or lint roller like she use to? After all, it's not like she had anyone to impress, why the hell did it matter? No one cared, and neither did Amity now too.

"Oh wow," Amity stood still, staring at the absolute mess of her house. Normally, she would instantly clean this all up but, who cares?

Exactly.

"Whatever," Amity averted her eyes from the pigsty and found herself glancing down at her phone on top of the counter.

It buzzed right at that moment.

"It's probably from Boscha," Amity sighed and looked away from her phone and up at Otabin who was sitting in front it. "What?"

Otabin stayed quiet and looked up at Amity with one of those certain cat looks that would break anyone. "Oh fine," Amity scoffed and picked her phone up off from the counter. "A peek couldn't hurt."