Wedding Cake

"So you and Boscha are at Hexcate's house," Skara spoke slowly. "In real life?"

"Pretty sure it's real life because I'm using her computer," Luz chuckled. She was on a phone call with Skara while using Amity's PC.

Amity sat on her bed, slightly supervising in the background but she didn't exactly mind Luz using her computer anyway. It was a weird but cute sight to see.

Luz was wearing Amity's headphones and spinning around in her chair, not exactly paying attention to the artwork she was working on.

It felt weird seeing Luz sitting in a gaming setup that wasn't her own sparkly, purple, adorable gaming desk. There were no plushies or stuffed animals and definitely no stickers or posters everywhere. Amity's setup was so bland compared to Luz's.

"I'm still amazed Hexcate allowed you into her home," Skara laughed, being on speaker. "She didn't lock all her doors and windows to try and keep you two out? More specifically Boscha?"

"She didn't exactly have time to prepare," Luz giggled.

Amity watched as Luz talked to Skara, taking a deep breath before falling back and plopping onto her sheets. It was a nice afternoon, the AC was running at full blast as the sun shined its rays into the room and onto Luz, giving her an angelic look.

Her eyes sparkled as she talked, maybe it was the sun or how happy Luz was speaking to Skara about the adventures she had already been on. Whatever it was, Amity enjoyed it. She enjoyed seeing Luz so happy, it made her heart...warm.

Seeing Luz with such a smile, Amity felt as if she could stare at it for hours, maybe even days on end. She'd do everything in her power just to see Luz smile like that everyday, but, Luz already did.

"It's like a summer's day, so beautiful. Her smile is contagious..." Amity whispered to herself, starting to feel heat rise to her cheeks as a grin started to form.

Amity was too caught up in Luz to realize she was glancing over at her, seeming a bit flustered before turning away, speaking to Skara casually.

"It's pretty nice here, there are so many cool things to try," Suddenly, Amity made direct eye contact with Luz. "And beautiful views to look at..."

The way Luz spoke so slowly with her eyes starting to soften made Amity's heart almost jump out of her chest. Such sweet words, but Amity couldn't tell Luz's true intentions behind them. It was like she could never understand what Luz was trying to convey...

"Hey losers," Boscha walked into the room, stretching. "I finished setting up all the cameras for the baking live stream, we ready?"

Amity was about to answer but Luz spoke first. "Hey, how come we haven't seen any alligators yet? I thought Florida was known for that?"

"Yeah, do they not just randomly walk cross the street?" Boscha walked over to Luz, leaning on the chair she sat in.

"Well," Amity sat up, ready to explain before once again being cut off.

"My aunt Eda said to watch out for little baby alligators eating your toes," Luz shifted and pulled her knees to her chest and kept her feet on the chair cushion. Boscha chuckled and played along, sitting on the chair's armrest with her feet off the ground.

"Aunt Eda?" Skara hummed curiously.

"Oh right!" Luz looked over at Amity and Boscha with a smile so sweet it made Amity's teeth hurt. "She's the one I made that wedding cake for, she married her partner Raine not too long along ago,"

"Hold on," Skara stopped Luz. "Raine? As in Raine Whispers...?"

"Yes?"

Suddenly, Skara's screeching filled the room.