Friends in Florida

Fill the empty spaces...

Amity bit the tip of her tongue. Faint spots of light shined on her eyelids from the sun peering in through her bedroom window.

"Ugh..." Amity grunted and rolled over tiredly. It was already morning and she was less than prepared to start the day. Amity was about to roll over and snuggle her way back into a blanket before she quickly shot up and looked at the space beside her. But unfortunately, no one was there.

Amity stared at the messed up blanket and pillows on the floor. Last night was like a fever dream, almost as if it had never happened...

"Jesus..." Amity frowned, running her fingers through her hair. She contemplated everything that had happened last night.

Did it mean something to Luz? To their relationship? Or was Amity just in over her head?

Amity could feel her heart beating in her chest as she vividly recalled what happened last night. Luz wrapping her pinky around Amity's finger, sharing music and falling asleep together listening to it...truly a dream, at least, to Amity.

She slowly slipped her hand down to her undercut and played with the freshly cut hair as she thought to herself, until it got interrupted by a sudden familiar screech.

"SHE DIDN'T BUY MY MINI PANCAKES!"

Ah, so meeting Luz and Boscha wasn't a complete dream, huh?

Amity grinned to herself a bit, taking slight satisfaction in Boscha's despair. She also took Boscha's screaming as a sign to get up and go to the kitchen, mainly to make sure the two hadn't burned down anything yet.

She walked down the dark hallway and into the brightly lit kitchen and living room area. Amity yawned and stretched, feeling the warm sun against her skin once again as she met her two new, temporary roommates.

The two were in the kitchen, searching the cabinets and fridge. Boscha was more frantic than Luz.

"Good morning," Amity hummed and sat down at the kitchen island nonchalantly, mainly because she was too tired to be anxious on what Boscha may be doing.

"Good m-!" Luz grinned once seeing Amity, about to greet her before getting cut off by Boscha who suddenly pointed at Amity.

"YOU DIDN'T BUY THE MINI PANCAKES I ASKED FOR!" Boscha accused Amity, to which she shrugged it off.

"They didn't have any," Amity lied as she rolled her eyes with a smirk while Luz held Boscha back from grabbing Amity's hair.

"LIAR!" Boscha hissed.

Amity watched as Boscha practically jumped over the counter to get at Amity. She looked upset but Boscha was never truly angry. Matter a fact, Amity couldn't even remember the last time she had seen Boscha actually mad. She was all dramatics anyway.

"Oh relax," Amity glanced at Luz, feeling her face heat up slightly at the sight. Messy hair and a light purple t-shirt with a single stripe across it. The shirt was tucked into long, loose, dark blue pants with a few yellow stars plastered on the sides.

Amity admired the pajamas, slightly wishing she had a matching pair.

"Pretty," Amity whispered to herself, but of course it just had to be heard.

"Ugh, I know I'm pretty," Boscha huffed while slamming the cabinet doors shut. "But really, if you don't get me pancakes on this trip I will scream."

Amity scoffed in return. "As if you don't do that enough already," she got up and passed by the annoyed, off brand hot topic next to her and took some cat food out.