Change

Amity glanced out of a far window and at the sun up in the sky, looming over the houses and roads and sidewalks. Looming over the bright city. It crept its way into Amity's house.

It lit up the room. Beams of sun reflecting off of tiles in her kitchen and running up the walls of the living room where Amity laid on her couch, staring off into nothing while endless yet empty thoughts consumed her.

She was lost in thought until a voice spoke. Amity looked down at her phone where her older siblings were fighting.

"Oh my god Edric move your butt, we can both fit into the FaceTime call view! Stop hovering over me!" Emira complained while shoving Edric out of her way.

"Okay okay! I just want to see Amity's face! We haven't seen it in forever and I just want to make sure she still has her eyebrows!"

Amity rolled her eyes. She recalled the day that her older brother, Edric, shaved off her eyebrows when she was 4.

"Okay can we not..." Amity finally chimed in. It had been awhile since she had spoken in the call.

Even though Amity called her older siblings, Edric and Emira, she felt as if she was starting to regret it.

Why did Amity call them in the first place? For support? On what? Her suffocating thoughts and feelings of pain and guilt? Or were they feelings of love yet confusion.

Drowning thoughts, mixes of emotions and stifling feelings. Would they ever make sense, even with the help of her siblings?

Amity was already starting to get lost deep in her thoughts before Emira broke her out of the loop.

"So, this all happened over the span of a few months?"

Amity stayed quiet, but gave a slight nod. She had given a vague story of what had been happening to her over the past few months. How she met Luz, how Luz made her feel, how everything felt as if it had changed.

Amity poured her heart out, at least some of it to her siblings, and they sympathized...something Amity hadn't seen from them often.

Well, Amity hadn't exactly kept in touch with them either to experience it often away either.

"And this girl...Luz, she hasn't been making you feel that great?" Emira sighed.

"What!? No! That's not...what it's like."

Amity quickly jumped at the accusation. Luz was kind and caring, she could never make Amity feel that way...right?

"But everything you've been telling us seems to have been caused by that girl. Amity, do you think you're...unhealthy?"

Unhealthy.

That word hurt. Was Amity unhealthy? Maybe. She wasn't lazy and she tried to eat well. Sometimes she worked out, inside at least.

"I'm not unhealthy..." Amity mumbled and hid her face in her forearms. The conversation was headed in a direction Amity didn't like. It was so much easier talking about her problems rather than listening to them.

"I mean, is Luz unhealthy...for you?"

Luz was...unhealthy?

"What...?" Amity glanced up at her phone screen and at Emira. The concerned and worried look that was on both of her older sibling's faces made Amity's heart ache.

"We know how your are with "crushes", Amity. You never know how to act-."

"She's not a crush!" Amity whined.

At least that's...what she thought.

Amity had..."crushes" before, but now, Amity was starting to wonder if they truly were crushes...or some one that she was lying to herself about.