Chapter 3

Chapter Three:

I woke up to the sound of someone screaming my name. I stood up from my bed and looked at the clock. It was three in the morning. Whoever was outside should have a great explanation on why they woke me up. As I slipped out from my covers, the screaming was getting louder. It sounded very familiar to me.

"RILEY!" Now I knew who this person was. It was Jessie. Of course she would come here possibly, or completely drunk.

I tried my best to see through the pitch black halls. As tired as I was, I made my way down by touching the walls, to guide me down the hall. I reached the stairs and walked carefully down them. Jessie still kept screaming my name. "Shh." I said as if she could hear me. When I reached the final step I carefully walked to the door. Jessie was about to scream my name again for the seventh time, but was cut off by my appearance.

Jessie smiled widely, as I just stared at her with annoyance written all over my face.

"Just come inside. I'll talk to you in the morning when you're not drunk." I said with my grumpy voice, "Just go straight to sleep."

I let her inside and guided her back to my room. I got blankets and some pillows, quickly making a little bed on the floor. I pushed her on it.

"I don't want to hear a word come out of your mouth. Go to sleep. Goodnight."

I sighed and shut my eyes.

***

As I woke up to the sound of my alarm going off. I looked at the time and it was 7:30. I untangled myself from my comforters. I jumped off of my bed and went straight towards the bathroom to do my morning routine.

I cleaned my face dry as I approached my closet. When I was walking towards it I notice that Jessie wasn't in her not so comfortable bed I made her last night. As I looked around I saw that she had left a note on my desk from me.

"I decided to leave early because I didn't want to bother you. Thanks a lot for letting me stay. Love you lots -Jessie. P. S. you snor a lot when you sleep."

I laughed quietly to myself as I threw it into the trash can. I walked towards my closet and looked for an outfit I could wear today. I decided to wear a simple t-shirt and jeans because I really don't feel like going all out today.

As I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen I notice my mom wasn't around. She's probably still sleeping. I saw my little brother eating his lucky charms. I grabbed a bowl and sat down beside him.

I poured some lucky charms and milk into my bowl as Jay was chewing as loud as possible. Damn he always annoys the crap out of me.

"Ugh do you really have to chew that loud?." I responded angrily.

"Why so bitchy today sis?" Jay said with no emotion what so ever.  

I just stared at him and continued on eating my cereal.

***

As I walked through the school doors I felt weird. Everything that happened last night with Harry and I. I feel stupid because I kissed him when he has a girlfriend. But Harry kissed me first so I guess it doesn't mean anything. But it bothers me to know the fact that he's a cheater.

I approached my locker and wheeled in my combination. I grabbed all of my books and placed my coat into my locker

Jessie and Sydney came running up to me, "Riley! Hey."

I smiled, "Hey. I gotta go. I don't wanna be late to first period. See you two in lunch." I walked away and they walked to their classes. 

I was walking down the hall and I heard a familiar laugh. I turned my head a bit to see Harry with his girlfriend Rachel. They were laughing together. The whole school thinks they're the cutest couple ever. Like, no. They're not. I saw him peck her lips then leave. I can't believe he kissed me. Harry, was my first kiss. Ew, I hate saying that, it bothers me. He was walking towards me, I can feel him starring. I didn't even dare to make any eye-contact. I just kept my head up and walked right passed him.