Chapter 5

Harry's POV

I was walking to the store to get some stuff for my mum. I had my hands in my pockets because it was freezing. I had my grey beanie on and I felt like Rudolph because I can feel my nose turning red, it was so cold. It was a quiet day. Not a lot of people were outside. 

After I got what I needed at the store, I lazily started walking home. I was minding my own business until I heard kids screaming. I turned my head to where the noise came from and I saw a couple of boys in front of a house. One kid looked like he was mad. I began walking slow to see what was going to happen next. All of the sudden the boy pushed another kid. All the boys started screaming and encouraging them to fight. 

 I didn't know what to do, but it had to be stopped. I quickly ran to the circle, pushing the boys out of my way and to the boys who were fighting.

"Hey! Stop it!" I tried to break them up, but then they started hitting me. 

I can't hit these kids.

"Boys! That's enough!" I roughly pushed both of them away from each other. 

Some of the friends were holding one of them back.

"Are you crazy?! You don't hit each other like that. Now, apologize and shake hands."

The boys seemed to be scared of me so they did as told. I was proud they listened to me. All of the sudden someone came to see what was going on and the voice I heard behind me was definitely familiar.

"What's going on here?"

I turned around to see Riley.

"Jay, what are you doing? You were supposed to be home an hour ago!"

I looked at the boy she was talking to and it was the boy that was being held back by his friends. 

"His sister is so hot." The kid next to me, whispered. 

I gave him a weird look.

"Harry? What are you doing here with my brother?" She asked, confused.

"I-I didn't know he was your brother. I just came over here to stop the fight."

It was kinda awkward talking to her. When we agreed to be friends, we didn't really talk much after that. We'd sometimes smile at each other, but that's it. 

"Oh okay." She looked at her brother, "Jay, go home!"

She pointed at a house that was three houses away from where we were. I just remembered it was her house because I drove her home from that party. I looked around and all the kids were gone. It was just Riley and I standing there.

"Um. Thank you." She looked down, playing with her fingers.

"Anytime." I smiled. 

She slowly picked up her head, looking at me, "Well, this is awkward."

I chuckled, "Little bit."

I could tell she didn't know what to say and I didn't have a clue on what to say either. 

"Well, I'll see you at school.." She said in a low tone.

I nodded, "Yeah.. See you at school." I picked up my bags that I dropped and then waved at her. It got her to smile and she waved back. 

Riley's POV

I was so mad at Jay for getting into a fight. I decided not to tell our mom. He thanked me. I told him that's the last time I'll cover for him.