Chapter 12

Chapter Twelve:

-Riley’s POV-

“He’s weird. Just stop talking to him.” Sydney laughs. I gasped because she wasn’t helping at all. She never really likes talking about Harry. When I mention him, she looks uncomfortable.

I stood up, pacing around my room, biting my nails, and just being nervous and worried. I looked over at Sydney and she was just sitting there, staring at the floor. She wasn’t giving me any of advice.

“Syd, do you not like me talking about Harry? You’re never helping me out..” I told her, getting annoyed.

She sighed and still never made any eye contact with me. She stared down at my shoes, “I-I mean..” She closed her mouth and I could hear her releasing breath outta her nose. She sighed again and looked up at me with a sad face, “Riley.. it’s just that, I-I feel like something is wrong.”

I looked at her confused.

“I-I just feel negativity when it comes to him.. I don’t like him. I genuinely think he’s not right for you.” She looked at me, then at the floor, and then back at me again, waiting for me to say something. I was a little upset to say anything.

“And I know you didn’t wanna hear me say it. That’s why I didn’t say anything at all. I wasn’t going to lie to you.” She continued because I never spoke.

I was still a little confused, but I sat down and turned my body to her, “But, why would you feel that way? I don’t understand.”

"You’re thinking that it’s too good to be true. And I mean, it doesn’t make sense to me that he would talk to you outta nowhere! I just think that he might be using you for pleasure.”

Well thanks a lot, Syd. But she has a point. At least now I know that I’m not the only one who saw it. She saw it too and that means others probably have been thinking it as well.

Maybe he is using me for pleasure. But if I think about it, the only thing we ever done was kiss. If he wanted pleasure, he would’ve gone to someone else. Something in my heart tells me that maybe he liked me this whole time.

He makes me feel special. I’ve never had the feeling of being special to a boy. It’s a new feeling that I love.

“He’s a man whore, Riley! I don’t or will ever trust him.” 

“You’re just jealous.” I joked, smiling.

“Riley, stop. Don’t even joke around about something like that. If that actually gets through your head, it can ruin our friendship.” She looked serious, “We’re not those type of friends who put boys first.”

I bit my lip, looking away.

She grabbed me so I turned to her, “Seriously, are you gonna end up putting him before me? Your best friend?”

I started smiling and I playfully pushed her, “Sydney, I’ll never put anyone first than our friendship.”

I saw a half smile on her face, “Okay.. But don’t joke around like that anymore. It scares me.”

I nodded and it was silent for a while.

Breaking the silence, I asked her, “Well, what do I do?”

She pressed her back to mine and raised her knees to her chest, “At this point, you go with the flow. Just be normal like you always are around him. Maybe play a little hard to get time to time.” She laughed.

“I do that all the time.” I giggled, “I wonder what we’re gonna do tonight..”

“You’re gonna be with him today?”