Chapter 16

Chapter 16:

"I really don't understand why you have to go! Summer just started and you're already leaving me." I groaned.

Sydney sighed, "I know, I know. But my parents are making me visit my grandparents. I haven't seen them in a while."

"But see, I don't understand why you're even going. Last time you were there, all you did was Skype with me the whole time." I laughed a bit.

She smiled wide, while nodding, "I'll still be talking to you, hopefully."

I sighed and laid on her bed while she continued to pack. This really did suck. Sydney never usually goes on vacation. I'm so used to her always being there. This whole month is going to be boring. I know Harry will be there, but Sydney comes first before anything.

"I'm gonna miss you too much. I already miss you and you're standing right there." I laughed.

She stopped what she was doing and sat down next to me, "Riley, you know I don't wanna leave you," She paused, looking at me, "Just promise me you won't do anything stupid, please."

"I'm not gonna do anything stupi--"

"Just promise me." She interrupted.

"I promise."

She sighed and continued whatever she was doing.

I placed my arm over my forehead as I laid there. She explained to me before why she hates Harry so much, but I don't like to think about it because then I'll start to believe what she's saying and I don't want that. I almost lost my virginity to him, but I remembered what she said about not wanting me to do that, and I listened. I don't know why I listened to her, I could've done whatever I wanted to do with him, but part of me didn't want to do anything, because I could've regretted it and I could've lost my friendship with my best friend.

I love Harry. I do. I know I do. I've never really loved a boy, ever. I've had huge crushes, but I never loved anyone like I love Harry. The feeling of just wanting them all the time, it kinda scares me. I don't want to be that obsessive girlfriend. I try really hard not to be. I give him as much space as I can. I do that because every time I see him, it's like falling in love all over again.

I remembered what Rachel told me about how he feels about love and all. It gets me wondering, though. Does he love me back? Does he feel the same way I feel? All these answers I've been dying to find out, but too scared to even ask. I feel like one wrong move, and it's all over.

"Riley!"

I jumped, "Yeah! What?" Sdyney scared me as my thoughts fade away, but I know they'll come back later.

"I've been talking to you, but you haven't been paying any attention." She puts her hands on her hips.

"S-sorry."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jessie and I went with Sdyney and her mom to take her to the airport.

We've spent our last moments talking about anything. It was mostly Syd telling Jessie to watch out for me and Harry or telling Jessie to not take me to any parties. Jessie didn't like that one very much and I noticed she was barely paying attention when Sdyney was speaking to her about it. And about me and Harry, Jessie couldn't give two shits. She doesn't care about anything me and Harry do, and that's kinda what I like about her.

"Riley.. please no funny business, okay? You promised me." She said while hugging me goodbye.

"Is that really what you want to talk about while we're saying bye?"