Chapter 1

©2021 by Wonderfulstories

That morning, I was still in bed enjoying my sleep when a message came into my phone. The only thing that ran through my mind was' these MTN people, you guys will keep on disturbing someone's sleep. Is it because of the common 200 naira I'm owing you? ' I can't believe I was calling 200 naira common. If I had the money why would I borrow from them in the first place? That aside, back to what I was saying.I brought my head up and remembered I was expecting a message or call from the scholarship office where I submitted my waec result so I quickly rushed to my phone. I looked at it and saw that MTN was written on top as the sender of the message. I hissed and made to drop my phone on the bed so I could go to the bathroom when I saw something that caught my eye.I opened it and saw that my scholarship to London had been approved and that my visa and ticket would be out in one week time.

The MTN message I had seen before was sent to me around 12:45 am, reminding me of their money and telling me I can still borrow up to 500 naira. I looked at the phone and smiled. I hadn't even paid back what I was owing and they still wanted me to borrow more.

Didn't they know that after borrowing I could just break my sim card and it wouldn't work anymore. After all, I was going to London soon. I threw the phone on top of my bed and headed to the bedroom to take my bath.

Then I went to the computer shop to print out the letter sent to me by the London patrons. I met Emaka who also got his letter but not at the same time I got mine. Mine was sent around midnight while he got his around the evening of the same day.

He was busy celebrating it while I was busy getting ready for the trip. Emaka started moving from one place to another telling people that he was going to London.

He even made a lot of promises to people concerning what he would buy for them.One week later. Mine and Emaka's tickets were both out and I was so ecstatic. My things were already in order and I was anxiously waiting for the day we'd fly out.Emeka on the other hand had not gathered anything, he was still busy celebrating.

He only started preparing when he got the information that our tickets were ready. Emaka lived two towns away from my village.My flight was scheduled for two days after my ticket was released.

I was the only person that won the scholarship from my school and town.Everyone thought I was going there to make our village proud but the main reason I was going was to make my mum proud.

Emaka was still running around putting things in order when I arrived in London.

ARRIVED IN LONDON.

London was beyond beautiful light everywhere. I arrived around 5:27 pm in Nigerian time, it was already getting dark, but the beauty of London still resonated. I saw a man standing just by the airport exit with a placard. On it was written, ABRAHAM FROM NIGERIA.

I went over to ask him who he was because that was the code given to me by the patrons.They said I should ask that question if I saw a paper like that and if the person replied with you were sent from Nigeria, then I would know that he/she was the one sent to pick me up from the airport. I asked him where his car was and he pointed at a 2018 Mercedes C300. I quickly rushed to the car because the cold was already getting to me as if I was a fish caught red-handed and sentenced to a freezer.The driver that came to pick me up was busy laughing at me. He obviously couldn't understand why the cold affected me so much.

When we got to his place, he asked me to wait for him downstairs and that he would be back shortly. I looked around admiring the house.

I was still staring around when a lady came in. Her name was Bella. She was the real definition of beauty. Her skin glowed under the bright lights of the living room and I couldn't help but watch her every move. When my eyes met hers I found that she had been looking at me too.

I stood up to introduce myself to her but I found myself lost in her gorgeous eyes. "Hello, are you okay?" she asked, pulling me out of my thoughts and back into reality.

While all this was going on, the man that came to pick me up from the airport was still upstairs trying to make the room look nice, when I was busy gushing over a girl"Are you okay?" she asked again, "when I stepped in I saw you looking as if you were lost." I chuckled nervously, "I was only taken aback by your beauty. You look like an angel."She smacked me playfully, "you are funny you know," she said."I'm Abraham," I smirked, "and you?" "Bella," she replied. "Nice to meet you Bella," I shook her hand.My host came downstairs just as I was about to engage Bella in a conversation and get to know her more.

He saw me and Bella, "oh babe you are back," he said. Babe? To my surprise, he went straight to Bella and kissed her on her lips. Not on her forehead or on her cheeks, straight on her lips.

I still kept calm until he introduced her to me as his wife. I couldn't believe I had been flirting with his wife.

She looked barely older than me.A beautiful lady like her didn't strike me as someone who had a thing for old men. I had to tell myself to read every thought of being with Bella since she was already married.

Though another part of me couldn't stop thinking of having her to myself.I told the man to show me to my room so that I could take a shower.

He took me upstairs and showed me my room. When we got to the door, the man slowly moved his mouth to my ear, "stay away from her.

"Who?" I asked him. "I saw the way you looked at her," he said, "if you try anything funny, you're dead and to add it up i kill for a living." I stood there frozen for some minutes before he left.

I entered my room and fell onto the bed giving in to the sleep that immediately overtook me.

Stay online for the next lovely chapter drops by tomorrow or next. have a wonderful night and sweet dreams {bye}

Like.                  👍

Comment.        📝

Vote.                  🚮

And

Share.               👨‍👩‍👧‍👦

T/w... Abraham Ebube.————————————————

Please don't forget to share.