Chapter 33

©2022 by wonderfulstories.

My exam was around the corner. With the help of Bella I was able to get Amanda off my mind.

In class that fateful day I was just reading in order to win Amanda.
Amanda was still my desk mate.
I stopped bothering her like I used to do even in class. I don't behave like I noticed her present. This time around I and Zara are into each other. We play a lot in class. That alone makes her feel jealous.

After school Zara's driver always comes to pick me and her up. Even the day Zara didn't make it to school I will still be picked up by her driver, “that started driving Amanda crazy.
My birthday is on Sunday while the exam starts on Monday. After enjoyment, the next day is examination tension.

Bella was still staying with me because her vacation will end on Sunday which was my birthday and she intends traveling back to her house on Monday.
Amanda had her own birthday gift surprise like wise Zara and her dad also had their own surprise.

When Bella and her son were done eating I decided to go to bed not knowing Bella added sleeping pills in my food so she could have the chance to present her surprise to me the next day.

“Next day”

My sitting room was decorated by Bella and a cake in the center of my sitting room. I was still sleeping when she was decorating the whole room.
I slept and got her thinking if I was dead or still breathing. When I woke up it was around 12pm and I looked at my phone. 55 missed calls, ten missed calls from Zara's dad and 45 was from Zara herself.

I rushed to the bathroom quickly and took my bath. Bella didn't know I was already up. She was in the kitchen cooking.

Immediately I opened my door, liquid milk which was hanging on top of my door poured on me and I messed up with the cloth I was putting on. Bella stepped out of the kitchen and shouted “HAPPY BIRTHDAY”baby boo.

Bella," am sorry for that, with a laugh.

I on the other hand wanted to cry, I didn't know what to choose between cry or laugh because I was in a hurry to go see Zara and her dad. They might be worried about me ( cry ) because of her surprise for me on my birthday ( laugh ) I didn't know what to do or say I was just standing looking all messed up when I looked at my sitting room. That was when I shouted “ Awwwww ” all this for me.

Bella," yes baby.

Abraham," it too much I feel like crying.

Bella," you don't have to, where are you off to that you dressed like this.

Abraham," I was about to go see a friend before your milk surprise messed me up but I'll quickly go change cuz i'm in a hurry now.

Bella," A friend?

Abraham," Yes a friend hopes no problem?

Bella," Male or female?

Abraham," on what?

Bella," I mean that your friend is a male or a female.

Abraham," it's a male why would you be asking me this type of question? Have you forgotten it's my birthday and I was meant to see all my friends so I will collect all my gifts from them.

Bella," why didn't they bring the gift here?

Abraham," Do I know probably they are busy, I have to run along while you continue with your cooking.

Bella," you still haven't answered all my questions.

Abraham," I will do that when I come back. I took a step to the bathroom so I could clean myself up before Zara got to my place and saw Bella. Thought that was why I couldn't pick up my call.

On my way to Zara's place, Amanda sent a dispatch driver to deliver shoes and flowers to me as a gift and I must be the one to sign in person or the delivery man should bring it back to her if I wasn't the one who came out to pick it myself.
When the driver got to my apartment door it was Bella that came out since I wasn't around. The dispatch driver obeyed the order given to him by Amanda so he returned the gifts.

When I got to Zara's place I was lost in thought. I had to lie or make up excuses to tell Zara and her dad why I didn't pick their calls when they were calling me.
Ademu wished me a happy birthday and asked me if I didn't buy anything for him. I replied that I will do that some other times but there is something I need to fix before it gets out of hand .

When I came in Zara's dad was sitting in the living room while Zara was upstairs getting herself well dressed so she could come over to my place and find out if all was well with me why I didn't pick their calls all morning.

I greeted her dad.

Mr Williams, how are you Abraham?
Zara!!! Abraham is here.

Abraham," am fine sir.

Zara rushed down the stairs and gave me a tight hug, I was lost there.

Mr Williams," what happened? We have been calling you since morning.

Zara slapped my face.

Abraham," what was that for?

Zara," for making me develop high blood pressure.

Abraham," sir it's a long story but I thank God.

Mr Williams," what happened? Explain.

Abraham," this morning as I was doing my early morning excess as usual I was chased by a dog. I didn't know how it happened but it happened. I lost my phone while I was running.That's why when you and Zara were calling, I wasn't with my phone, if not for the lord's intervention I would have been eaten up by a dog.

Mr Williams," I thank God for your life. I hope you are not hurt or let's go to the hospital for a check up.

Abraham," no need for that sir am fine.

Zara," are you sure the dog didn't bite you.

Turning me around so she can know if I was bitten off by a dog.

Abraham," am fine no course for alarm.

“ Wow, a beautiful lie. so they bought that  lie wow I can lie for Africa ”

Mr Williams," if you say so, how were you able to recover your phone.

Another lie, oh my God.

Abraham," it was someone who picked the phone returned it to me as I was calling my phone with my neighbors phone.

Continuously.....

___________________
Word counts 1111

Writer ~ Abraham Ebube.

Final chapter dropping any day from now so stay tuned and don't forget to vote and comment because it's very important thank you.

Vote.              ✨

Comment.     📝

Share.            👨‍👩‍👧‍👧
_______________________________________

Please don't forget to share.