Chapter 9

©2022 by Wonderfulstories

Emaka and I became friends because we can't be discrete for any reason.
We play, we move around the school premises together, to cut the story short we literally do things together.
*Brothers like no other* That was our nickname in our class.

Till one day he invited me to their house for lunch.
It was fun for them having me in their house, even Christopher is fun to be with as well.

That day after eating with them at the dining table.  I left them in the living room and went outside so I could see more of the compound, especially the garden.

I was beside the pool at the garden, then I noticed chizzy heading towards me but I pretended as if I didn't know.

She walked up to me. '' Hi" she tries to create a conversation. I reply Hello"
Chizzy" it was fun having you in my home. It was nice meeting you in person. Emeka has told me a lot about you.

Chizzy" oh really' I hope he has not told you something silly about me' no he hasn't, he told me how nice you are to him, you helped him when he needed it most, you take care of all his needs even training him in a college, thank you so much.

Chizzy' nothing to thank me but wait do you know you are very cute, like seriously this is my first time seeing a cute guy like you. Ideology" what has cute got to do with what we are discussing' see me see trouble, I just escaped from bella and Zara now is your turn (tell the person that sent you that you didn't see me am sure my village people are at work).

She saw how lost I was in my own thoughts "ARE YOU OKAY?

I reply, Yes I'm' I think I should be on my way now, I have to go.
Chizzy' did I say something wrong?

No you don't but I have to go now.
I left with anger all over me because I know emeka will eventually be mad that I left without goodbye.

Next day.

Next day in school' emeka came earlier than me to school. I greeted him when I came in but got no response from him then I knew something was wrong. Maybe he's mad at me because of yesterday.
Immediately I sat on my chair and the lecturely came in. I wanted everyone to leave the classroom before I could apologize to him.

Three hours later.

Three hours earlier we had two periods which were literature in-English & Biology. Everyone has left the classroom including Zara and the lecturely except Amanda and one other guy who is sitting at the front desk beside the class door.

I stood up and headed to emaka's desk. When I got there I sat beside him but he moved his face to the other side. That sign alone tells me he's mad at me.
You don't have to do all this, I know you must be mad at me but am sorry please forgive me.

Emaka' okay, which one are you sorry for, that you left my house without saying goodbye or you didn't call to tell me when you got to the hotel?
He tries to raise his voice a little because he's really angry at me and that was the reason I wanted everyone to leave before I approached him.

I try calming him down before telling him he won't understand.
Emaka' since I won't understand why not you make me understand.

I started looking for lies to lie, after 10 seconds I came up with a lie (con see lie weh I won give am)
See I got a call from Zara's dad that Zara is having high temperature and I should please come over to the house not even only that' immediately I came out of your house, I got hit by a drunk driver' the stupid driver still hit me and run if not for the help of the road sides who interfere and helped me out other wise I would have been in the hospital by now.

Emaka" God for bid, not your portion in Jesus name" I quickly respond , Amen ooooo so it won't look as if I am lying' what am I even saying am I not lying or what.
Emeka'' so how are you doing now' hope you didn't get injured by the car, or should I get you some medication or even take you to the hospital.

Not at all, I am fine now.

Emaka'' wait a minute, you said the reason why you left my house without informing me is because you got a call from Zara's dad because of her health and you got hit by a car alongside rushing to meet him.

(Is about to go down)

I replied' Yes of course.

Emaka" and this is Zara here in school with a full healthy body with no sign of sickness and you that got hit by a drunk driver is still here with no injury nor bandage. This is strange.

Trying to cover the question up.
Wait a minute' you wanted me in the hospital, you should be happy for me anyways it happened like a miracle I survived it.

Emaka" what kind of miracle is this' Abraham are you sure there is something you are not telling me.
What's that don't you trust me anymore' why would I be lying to you.

Emaka '' okay oooo, I am just asking because I have had this experience back then in Nigeria when I was hit by a drunk motorcycle ride not to talk of a car ' hmmm' I think there is something you are not telling me but that is by the way.
But don't try that again.

I promise it won't happen again.

Emaka" there is something I wanted to discuss with you in the house not until I found out you left without saying goodbye.

Just forget about this yesterday of a thing' what is it you want to discuss with me.

Emaka" is about this Zara of a girl I have been asking her out.
I started approaching her on the fourth day I came into this school but then she has not been giving me a listening ear. But she's here dying for you that doesn't have her time, why is it like that' I have told you there is something you are not telling me.

The only thing I can tell you now is that she just likes me but I don't like her, because she's not fair' you don't expect me as I black like this to date a black lady too. What if I got her pregnant in the process? She will just give birth to darkness and you don't expect me to risk my children's color because she's deeply in love with me ' you know that can't happen.

Emaka '' you better forget about that Amanda that you have been crushing on, different guys from different content have approached her but either the person gets slapped or insulted by her. Even the victim wouldn't be able to do anything to her, she's the only daughter of her father and her father cherishes her more than any other thing' to worsen the situation her father is also an army officer. I was lucky I didn't get a hot slap from her the last time I went talking to her. Since then I decided to stay away from her' ' ' emeka.

Don't worry' my story and yours shall not be the same, just wait till when my plans start to work. That's when you will know why I was called playboy back then in school *said abraham.

Emaka" I pray your dreams come true, but you better face reality because you can never have her. And if you still love your checks you better stay away from her to avoid "had I know, don't say I didn't warn you.

Continuously……

----------------------------
Word counts 1,350

Do me a favor by'

Liking.                     👍

Comment.               📝

Vote.                         🚮

And

Share.                      👨‍👩‍👧‍👦

Don't forget the schedule of my work is still MONDAY' WEDNESDAY & FRIDAY.

T/w.. Abraham Ebube.
————————————————

Please don't forget to share.