Chapter 24

©2022 by Wonderfulstories.

As I was about to explain to her how it happened her father walked past us. He saw the look on Amanda's face and asked if everything was alright.

She didn't say a word but I told her father everything was fine. He asked if I was sure everything was fine. I replied "yes" . He left but before he left he told Amanda to change the look on her face because today is her special day.

I explained to Amanda how everything happened but could not gather the courage to speak out the scene were I had sex with my best friend's sugar mummy. I was expecting her to ask for forgiveness but to my surprise she didn't even ask how I was feeling.

She introduced me to her father before I left when the party was over.

Amanda," dad this is Abraham the one I have been talking to you about.

Her dad," oh the one that!!!!!

Amanda," that saved my life.

Her dad," wow nice to finally meet you" you are once again welcome to our home.

Amanda," dad is actually on his way out so I want to see him off.

Her dad,''So soon won't he stay a little longer the party is not over, why is he leaving by this time?

Amanda,''Dad, actually he has been in the hospital for the past two weeks. He only took permission from the doctor just to come to my birthday party.

Her dad," so sorry about that so how are you feeling now.

Abraham," Am getting better now, sir.

Her dad," am her father I don't joke with her as you can see she's my only child so don't mess with her' I Know she might have told you am an army officer and a chef one for the matter* Nice meeting you once more.

He gave me a hand shake.

He said I should wait for him and he will be back shortly.
Five minutes of him going upstairs" he came downstairs with a piece of paper in his hand.

Her dad," this is a check of three million naira cash it out and help yourself.

Am sorry I can't accept"  he asked why I rejected it, I told him I can't accept it because I didn't help her daughter because of money and I didn't come here just to drink or collect money I came here to wish her happy birthday even the one bottle of wine I took is already affecting my system I need to get to the hospital.

He also offered to give me a ride but I declined telling him my uber is on the way. Her dad* Okay if you insist it is fine, but please take good care of my daughter.

I promise” Amanda is a very good friend of mine so I promise to take good care of her for you.

Her dad," I know you are one of the bad guys in that school so why are you pretending as if you don't know where i'm coming from.
When I and Amanda's father were having this conversation Amanda was standing beside the gate while me and her father were standing in the middle of the house.

Immediately her father dropped that statement. I knew the man was a bad guy back then in school, maybe that's why he joined the army force. But I still pretend not to know what he was driving at.

Yeah" your daughter is my very good friend in school. I promise to take good care of her as never before.

Her dad said," I know you had eyes on my daughter, just take care of her." You are now one of us. Anything you want just tell me and I will try my best to make it up to you.
Amanda's father was very handsome you won't even know his an army officer because of his white beards what I was thinking when I was discussing with him was maybe this man is a playboy like me when he was in my age* This man was cute and I am pretty sure every lady in the school he attended will always be around him because of how cute he was.

After the conversation with Amanda's father, we became friends but I didn't give him my number and I didn't even bother to collect his own. Zara's dad is with my number. He always calls me but this one the two numbers are not connecting" Zara and her father". I hope all is well with them.

I left Amanda and escorted me to the gate where my Uber man was already waiting for me. When I got to the hospital the doctor was already angry with me because it had passed the time I should have stayed outside.
I asked the doctor about Jennifer but he said when Jennifer came I told her that you are in the operation room.
This doctor just covered up for me. I wish he had known where I went. He wouldn't have covered up for me.

As I lay my back on the hospital bed I kept on thinking how I won all this girls heart even there father is approve of it except Jennifer's father who I don't want to know because I heard the man was a formal Air Force office who was very wicked back then" one of my neighbor in my apartment gave me a shot story on what he did to the guys who came after his daughter he broke one of the guy's leg he wanted to shoot the one who always stand by the gate just to see or talk to Jennifer while other one was arrested because our landlord caught Jennifer and the guy kissing he called it child abuse, the one I was shocked to hear is the one that was admitted to the hospital because he saw the guy in his house with Jennifer they was not doing anything but they was about to do something as he came inside and saw the two of them* he dealt with the guy mercilessly, he gave the guy the kind of beating he won't forget anytime soon in his life and the family of the guy could not do anything because he was an officer instead the blame the guy why would he date someone her father is as wicked as lion since then no guy has ever looked Jennifer's way because all of them are afraid to die young or even receive beating from her father....

Continuously....

Word counts 1,214

Writer~ Abraham Ebube.

Thank you so much for creating a little time out of your time to read my book. I really appreciate it. I am not yet good at creative writing but my dream is to perfect it.
This story, the Trip to London, was written out of the love I had to study in London” always feel free to correct me in any way that will perfect my work.

MONDAY' WEDNESDAY' & FRIDAY is now my schedule of updating. Please do me a favor by..

Vote.               ✨

Comment.      📝

Share.             👨‍👩‍👧‍👦

Stay online for the next chapter to drop a day after today....

——————————————————

Please don't forget to share.