Chapter 2

Mabel held up her work. A white sweater with a blue Pinetree on it. She grinned. "Dipper is tho going like thith." She said, with extra th.

She started running upstairs. She stopped halfway and ran into the kitchen. "A bro's gotta eat sometime." He hasn't eaten all day!

"Oatmeal! Sick people like oatmeal, right?" She started making some instant oatmeal. Once she was done, she started walking upstairs with it and the sweater.

She opened the door. She closed it behind her. She smiled widely. "Finally want to read that journal again, bro bro?"

Dipper-rather his corpse, was sitting on his bed, slowly turning the pages of the journal, probably out of habit.

"Got you a cozy sweater, and some warm oatmeal." She smiled.

Dipper jerked his head towards Mabel and got up, letting the journal fall. He thrust himself towards her, almost running with his arms out, reaching for her.

Mabel moved out of the way. "Yikes." She said as Dipper crashed into the wall, falling to the ground. "Silly Willy, here." She slid the sweater on Dipper.

He sat up. Mabel wrapped the sleeves around him like he was in a nut house. She giggled as he flailed around. She pressed on his chest and laid him down. She scooped up some oatmeal and brought it to his face. Dipper went for her arm.

Mabel pulled away quickly though. "No! Bad Dipper. Eat the oatmeal. Like this." She brought the spoon up to her mouth and wrapped her mouth around it. She slid it out of her mouth and there was no oatmeal left on the spoon. "You try." She refilled the spoon and brought it to Dipper's face.

He stared at the spoon, eyes half-lidded. As if he was bored. Mabel couldn't help but smile. He looked at Mabel, stretching an unsure frown. It took Mabel all she had not to run around screaming and crying. She bit her lip and smiled. Her undead bro's expression turned bored again. He cautiously wrapped his mouth around the spoon.

"Good." Mabel said expectantly waiting for him to be better. "Now swallow."

After Dipper swallowed he made a 'yucky' face. He was making faces! Oh, she couldn't help it. She had to. She hugged her brother. Her twin. Her other half. "I'm so happy you're actually showing emotion!" Knowing better, she pulled away. "Brother, you have given me confidence! I Mabel guarantee that you will get better!" She yelled.

Stan watched the gal talk to her undead brother. He sighed, setting his gun down. He was hoping she'd be out with friends or something.... He left to go back downstairs, gun in hand.

"Woah! Mr.Pines, watch where you're pointing that thing." Wendy joked. "I didn't know you hunted."

Stan sighed. "I don't."

Wendy was a bit confused, but ignored the suspiciousness. "Where's Dip? It's movie night. After yesterday's events, I thought we could watch a zombie flick."

Stan rubbed his face and sighed.

"Also, haven't seen Soos... is he like, actually taking his free day off?" Wendy asked, a bit jokingly.

Stan started walking away, face turned away from Wendy. "The kiddo's upstairs. Knock before you go in!" He choked.

"Uh.... okay?" Wendy said, confused. It was odd how he forgot movie night. I mean, she did always hear him whispering a bunch of obsessive junk about her under his breath from time to time... why wouldn't the red head be suspicious?

"Dipper, just eat the oatmeal." She heard Mabel say, annoyed.

The sound of someone groaning followed.

She knew that sound!

Wendy knocked on the door, just in case if she was wrong. "Mabes, is Dipper around?"

"Dipper, sit here... Just sit!" She heard through the door. Mabel opened it invitingly. "Of course he is! He's a bit sick at the moment, but he'll be fine."

Mabel pushed Wendy inside and locked the door behind her. "Where is h- ZOMBIE!" Wendy yelled. She took off her boot and got ready to throw it.

Mabel stood in front of her, arms waving around, guarding her brother. "Don't throw!" She yelled.

The undead corpse sat on the bed, flinching and... whining? "Mabel, is that-"

"Dipper! And he's getting better! See!? Emotion!" Mabel yelled, gesturing to her frightened undead bro.

"You have to get that thing aw- were you feeding him oatmeal?"

"Yeah, his stomach was growly and he can't talk. But he won't eat!" Mabel complained.

Wendy put her hands on Mabel's shoulders and looked her in the eyes. "Mabel. I understand that-"

"Oh, not this again! I just heard this from Grunkle Stan twice today." Mabel whined.

Dipper groaned some weird zombie gibberish. "See? Dipster's on my side." Mabel said, wrapping an arm around her brother.

"Okay, but zombies aren't vegetarians Mabel, or omnivores." Wendy explained.

"Dip's VEGAN!? Noooooo!" Mabel cried, hugging her brother, who looked like he was about to bite her. She pulled away, falling to the floor dramatically before he could get her. "How were we supposed to go for barbecues now!?" She rolled on the floor.

"Mabel, zombies eat meat. Like brains." Wendy explained.

Dipper perked up at the mention of brains.

"Oh. Right." Mabel said, getting up from the floor and brushing herself up.

"Brrraaaaiiins." Dipper gurgled, saliva dripping from his mouth.

"Ew, gross Broski." Mabel giggled.

"Mabel, he... I don't think you can keep him." Wendy said.

"Peshaw, of course we can! We just need to find some sort of brains for him to chow on." Mabel said, waving her hand dismissively.

Suddenly, Dipper got up and sprinted towards his sister. "Mabel! Watch out!" Wendy yelled, pushing the mentioned corpse to the ground.

"He's just hungry." Mabel smiled.

"Maybe you guys should sleep in separate rooms." Wendy said frantically, pushing Mabel out of the room. They both locked Dipper in there.

"But he needs me. He needs my comfort." Mabel complained.

"He wants your brains." Wendy replied coldly.