chapter 10

There was no avoiding Jongin after that. Regardless of the whirlwind of emotions that trucked through Jennie's brain. Her accounting project was due in a week and she had to finish it with him.

She was banking on her normal coffee shop Monday after class. Surrounded by groups of people there was no way he’d be able to bring up what he did in his private life.

And the fact that she watched him do it.

What she wasn’t banking on was Jongin being sick on Monday and not showing up to his class.

Hey, I’m so sorry. I had to take Chanyeol to an audition downtown this morning. We will be back in time for dinner. We can meet at my place, I’ll get takeout!

She knew the amount of work they both had left to do. How was she  supposed to tell him no? Jennie sighed, reluctantly agreeing to go to Jongin’s home later that night.

Jennie  took the rest of the day and focused on studying and getting her homework finished. The only nice part of her Jongin torment was the amount of work she had completed. Jennie didn’t usually work so well under stress.

Jennie got on top of her homework, but by the time she was standing in front of Jongin’s door she was her usual bundle of nerves. She knocked and waited, holding her breath until Jongin swung open the door.

His smile both made jennie sigh comfort and in disbelief. Jongin was stunning, wearing a t-shirt and pair of skinny jeans that were sinful.

“Hey!” He greeted jennie happily. She was  surprised when he stepped forward and pulled her into a hug. Her body heated with a flush; breathing in Jongin’s scent made her light-headed.

When he pulled back, Jongin led jennie into his apartment. “How was class?” He asked her over his shoulder.

“Good,” jennie answered. She  watched his back as he walked through his living room. Her mind was screaming to just tell him everything. Instead she smiled at him as he turned to look at her. “How was Chanyeol’s audition?”

He grinned happily, “He killed it. He’s going to DJ on the weekends at this club downtown.

“Wow!” jennie was surprised, but then again, she didn’t know that much about Chanyeol. “Good for him.”

Jongin nodded before looking around the room nervously. “I left everything on my laptop in my room.” He gestured behind him, “Can you come in there with me to look it over?”

Jennie felt like running away, Jongin’s bedroom was the last place she wanted to be; but she agreed and followed Jongin further into his apartment. When she got into the bedroom she hovered nervously in the doorway.

Jongin took deep breath. “I guess I maybe should have thought this through. I have a bad habit of just diving into things and worrying about the consequences later.” He looked up at jennie, "I like you...a lot actually".

I know we haven’t known each other that long, but as we’ve worked on this project together...I started crushing on you pretty hard. I didn’t know that you knew about me. Not until you came over to work on the project.

I opened your browser and as I searched something the website popped up. I got curious and just had to see. After that I began to notice you acting nervous around me. I know that I should have just told you, but I was afraid you would freak out. Then we kissed and I just decided to go for it. I remembered your username. And then...you actually logged on and stayed. I just needed to clear the air. I like you. I know that you know I cam and I don’t care.” Jongin let out a shaky breath and jennie noticed the way he wrung his fingers together.

“So…” he continued, “that being said. How long have you known?”

                              ~🐻~

short update.