11 - just the two of them

"so my place or your place?" Mark asked as the two stepped out of the restaurant.

"yours" Jieun replied without having second thoughts.

"We've been to mine, it's only fair if we visit yours" She added.

"but it's late though you sure?" Mark reassured her, he took a look at his phone, it was already 10:54 pm.

The two had spent all their time chit-chatting at the restaurant. Bickering over the smallest topic.

Whether or not does the egg comes first or the chicken, whether if summer is better than winter, fighting over the best pizza topping and which is better ketchup or mustard?

Knowing very well that Mark hates ketchup, and Jieun being Jieun who loves to play devil's advocate. She just had to bring this topic up for debate.

"I'll stay over if that's okay" Jieun asked, "should I be worried?" Mark joked which earned him a smack on the shoulder.

"chill, I have no roommates. you can always come over" He smirked, and Jieun knew very well what he was suggesting.

"let's just go" Jieun rolled her eyes.

-

"we're here" Mark said as he opened the door. Jieun followed along behind him.

"damn you're rich rich!" Jieun said as she roamed around his apartment. "I mean I knew you were well off but seriously all this for one person?" She asked looking around in awe.

His apartment was huge and spacious. It was a two-bedroom apartment, with an equipped kitchen and two bathrooms. It even had a balcony with a nice view of Seoul city.

The house was fully furnished with a modern and chic design. Even the furniture looks expensive. It was pretty clean for a guy who was living alone.

"I used to live here with my brother, but he graduated so now I live alone" Mark shrugged as he plopped down on the sofa in the living room.

"crazy~ how much even is the rent?" She asked another question. "My parents bought this place" He said ever so casually.

His comment only made Jieun's eye grow bigger. "holy- damn what do your parents even do for a living?" another question.

"tsk, are we doing 73 questions right now?" He rolled his eyes in annoyance. Not that he was annoyed but he just wanted to mess with her.

"But to answer your question, my dad's a professor he teaches music in an academy that he owns, and my mom is a teacher too she teaches English in an elementary school." He said and gave her a look. "Happy?"

Jieun nodded, "so that's why you're so smart huh? an engineering student! your whole family works as educators!" she commented with Mark not knowing if he should feel the compliment or be offended.

"My turn, what about yours? What do your parents work as?" He asked.

Mark didn't plan to get too personal with her since he didn't want anything too serious, but since she knows about his family it'll only be neutral for him to know about hers.

"well, my dad works at a logistic company and my mom is an art director!" She said and plopped down next to him on the couch.

"Made sense that you're an art student. Any siblings?" He asked another.

"yep, an older brother and a younger one, ones still in high school and ones working" She replied with her eyes landed on a guitar that was in the corner of the living room.