.7.

Eleven and Five eventually made it back to Mike's home, who wasn't exactly glad to see them

Eleven and Five eventually made it back to Mike's home, who wasn't exactly glad to see them. It was clear to them that Mike had been crying due to his red eyes and runny nose but he didn't give Five the chance to offer any comfort before he ran off to his bedroom.

The two didn't see him until at least 4 numbers changed on Five's watch - that was formerly Mike's. Eleven was messing with the radio - attempting to reach Will when he got to the bottom of the steps. "Can you stop that?" He glared at El, who ignored him and the radio continued to crackle.

"I thought we were friends, you know?" Mike exclaimed, "But friends tell each other the truth and they definitely don't lie to each other." Five felt a pit form in her stomach. "You both made me think that Will was okay, that he was still out there, but he wasn't," He looked between the two, "He wasn't!"

"Maybe you thought you were helping but you weren't," He sulked as he now directed his anger to Five solely, "You hurt me, do you understand? What you did sucked."

The girl grimaced at his words and left her spot to join Eleven. Five joined hands with El as they continued to look for Will, "Lucas was right about you. All along."

The two shut their eyes, blood coming out of their nose as a voice came through on the radio, "So come on and let me know. Should I stay or should I go?" Mike stopped his rant as the boy's voice, who he believed to be dead, rang out through the room.

Almost immediately, Mike dropped to his knees and picked up the radio, "Will, is that you? It's Mike! Do you copy? Over." The boy's voice stopped as his friend pleaded down the radio until the static took over. "Was that... was it..." He was baffled as the two girls looked up to him, "Will."

-

"We keep losing signal but you heard it right?" Mike smiled hopefully to his friends.

"Yeah I heard a baby," Lucas remarked.

"What?"

"Mike, you obviously tapped into a baby monitor. It was probably the Blackburns next door," He sighed.

"Uh did that sound like a baby to you?" Mike fought back, "It was Will!"

"Mike..."

"Lucas, you don't understand. He spoke last night. Words!" He told them, "He was singing that weird song he loves. Even they heard him!"

"Well if the weirdos heard him then I guess-" Lucas began but Dustin cut him off, "Are you sure you're on the right channel?"

"I don't think it's about that," Dustin looked at him uncertainly, "I think, somehow, they're channelling him."

"Like Professor X," He said in amazement eyeing El and Five.

"Are you actually believing this crap?" Lucas groaned.

"I don't know... I mean," Dustin shrugged.

Five stood up and walked away from the discussion, not liking how loud they were being, and entered the bathroom. She pushed herself onto the table next to the sink and frowned. She was happy that they had gotten through to Will and that Mike was no longer angry with her but she couldn't stop thinking about the man.

Five shut her eyes and returned back to the void. Easily she located him but she couldn't tell where he was only that he was sitting next to a boy - older than herself but much younger than him. "How's your mom doing?" He questioned the boy.

"I don't know," he returned, uneasy.

"How long's this stuff been going on?" The man paused, "With the lights and, uh..."

"Will and the thing in the wall?"

"Will?" Five called out, recognizing the name.

"Since the first phone call, I guess."

The two continued their conversation, while Five walked away and down a corridor, where she heard a woman shouting. The woman's hair was dishevelled and she didn't look like she had slept in days. "Mrs Byers, I assure you that this is your son," Said the man on the other side of the glass, "You may look as much as you please but you will find nothing."

"Byers..." Five repeated.

"That is not my boy!" She shot back, rushing out of the room - going through Five.

"Ma'am, please I need you to sign this," A man chased after her.

"I don't know what you think that thing is in there, but that is not my son!" Mrs Byers shrieked.

"Joyce..." The cop came forward but she ignored them and took off.

The man was left alone in the room - he frowned and pinched his nose. "Hello?" She called to him and as if he had heard her his eyes snapped open.

"Hello?" He returned - glad the receptionist had stepped out as he would rather not completely embarrass himself.

"You can hear me?" The man searched the room for a source but found nothing.

"Yes?" He almost questioned, "Where are you, kid?"

"How?" Five panicked - this had never happened before.

"How what, sweetheart?" He asked, growing concerned for the unnerved little girl.

"How do you hear?"

"How do I hear? What kind of question is that?" He sighed, "I just do. Where are-" He began but stopped as the receptionist returned.

"Hopper? Are you alright?"

Five's eyes widened, "Hopper?"

"You know me?" He whispered.

The girl stumbled back, tripping but instead of hitting the floor returned to Mike's bathroom.

"Five?" Mike hollered from the outside of the partly shut bathroom door.

"Mike?" She cried causing him to enter.

"What's wrong?" He asked getting closer but didn't get a response - instead, the girl collapsed into the young boy's arms. "Shh it's okay," He consoled, "It's okay, Fi, you're okay."

Back at the morgue, Hopper remained, ignoring the receptionist's concern, "Sarah?"