.18.

Sarah ran through the park, giggling as she looked back to see her father nearing

Sarah ran through the park, giggling as she looked back to see her father nearing. "I'm coming for you," He jokingly taunted.

"Nu-uh," She exclaimed, "never gonna get ma."

"Oh you're in for it," Hopper rushed towards but stopped as she went to the opposite side of a park bench. "Right, okay... maybe I won't be the one who gets you but..." Jim trailed off.

"What about me?" Diane entertained, picking up the girl by her armpits.

"Oh no!" Sarah cried, "I've been gotten."

"Yeah, that's right, you can't outrun me and your dad," Diane smiled at him.

"No, we're a team - a packaged deal." Diane let the girl go to kiss her husband before - because it was his duty - he began to chase her again. But something was different this time. Sarah had stopped, she was breathing heavily and when she looked to her parents she could hardly catch her breath as to cry out to them.

"Sarah? Sarah, sweetheart, what's the matter?" Hopper dropped in front of her and held her shoulders tightly.

"Honey?" Diane panicked, coming to her aid but neither parent could do a thing.

"Sarah? Baby, talk to me."

"D-danger," the young girl cried, "Danger."

"Are you feeling any better?" Mike asked Five as they sat down at one of the lunch tables- Dustin, Lucas and Eleven disappearing to find the mysterious 'pudding'.

"What is putting?" Five asked him.

"Pudding," He corrected, "it's this chocolate goo you eat with a spoon." The girl grimaced at his answer, causing him to add, "Don't worry, when all this is over, you won't have to keep eating junk food like a dog. My mom, she's an awesome cook. She can make you whatever you want."

"Not the meatloaf," Five scrunched her nose.

"Yeah, well, not the meatloaf then," Mike chuckled, "And I was thinking, once all this is over and Will's back and you're not a secret anymore, my parents can get you an actual bed for the basement. Or you can take my room if you want since I'm down there all the time anyway. Well, unless, you move in with your dad but if not my point is they'll take care of you. They'll be like your new parents, and Nancy, she'll be like your new sister."

Five tilted her head at him, "Will you be my new brother?"

"What? No, no," He scoffed before turning more serious, "No."

"Why 'no'?"

"Because..." Mike sighed, "'Cause it's different."

"Why is it different?" Five furrowed her eyebrows.

"I mean, I don't know, I guess it's not," He looked away from her, "It's stupid..."

"Mike?"

"Yeah?"

"Friends don't lie."

Mike exhaled, "Well... I was thinking... I don't know... maybe we could go to the Snow Ball together."

"Snow Ball?" She smiled at the nervous boy.

"It's this cheesy school dance, where you go in the gym and dance to music and stuff," He articulated, "I've never been, but I know you're not supposed to go with your sister."

"No?"

"I mean... you can but it'd be really weird. You go to school dances with someone that, you know... someone you like," Anxiously Mike looked to her but she just looked confused. "A friend?"

"Uh, no... uh someone like a..." Mike stopped and gazed at her before leaning in. Five almost flinched back as his lips landed on her own but stayed there for a moment. When he pulled back, she just looked at him in pure shock but then a smile spawned on her face - which Mike had gotten entranced by.

That was until headlights shone through the windows and he jumped up, "Nancy... Hold on, I'll be right back. Stay here." Not long after Mike left, Dustin and Lucas returned, arms at full capacity with chocolate pudding - Eleven straying behind indulging herself in one.

Just when Five picked up a can, Mike burst into the room, "Guys! They found us!"