8. dark coffee

Chatter. Chatter.

As he escorted me inside his apartment, it didn't take long for me to scan the designs of the interior. Not bragging, but it seemed like the apartments here in Cornelia Street have that particular signature design, which is why I'm not surprised enough with his place. I've seen lots of them, even on the internet. It's still good, tho.

"Thanks." I beamed as he handed me a cup of dark coffee. Its aroma wafting on my nose felt like I'm at the highest peak of the tallest mountain in the world. Oh, how I love dark coffees.

"So.. How long have you been here in New York? What happened to 'I love Seoul'? Something happened, I bet.."

"To unwind. What else could be the reason? And besides, I missed you, dude." My response obviously touched him as he placed his hand over his heart while shaking his head.

"Enough with the flattery, Eryn. Sigh. Sucks that you're my cousin. I would've dated you at this moment. Tsk."

"Wow. So that's a confession, huh?"

We both laughed out loud and made ourselves preoccupied with everything we talk about especially our childhood. One time, more than a decade ago, he was enjoying his corn, but being the bad little girl I was, I stole it from him and took a large bite. I gave it back to him, but he refused to take it since it already had my saliva. I can't forget how mad he was that time. He even wished for the sky to rain corns that time so that I get hit by lots of them and die. Lol.